Chapter 27

Sorry for the long wait. I was stuck for a bit in this story. Now I think I'm back on track. I was also sick. So, I took some time away. Here's a 7k chapter for you.

***

"Hyung!" Jungkook he pulled Hoseok aside. They were in one of the hallways that led to multiple meeting rooms at level eight. "You know that Jae-Hwa...she called my secretary. She wants to talk to me."

Hoseok's brown orbs stared into his gaze. "Don't talk to her then."

"She says there's something important she wants to discuss with me."

Hoseok frowned. "You don't even know each other. What's there to discuss?"

Jungkook shrugged. "I don't know."

"Do you want to hear her out?"

Jungkook worried his bottom lip. That was the problem. He was curious about what she had to say to him. "Kind of. Is it okay?"

Hoseok smiled softly. "Jungkookie, you really don't have to ask me about this. It's up to you."

"I know...I just...um, I was just wondering what she wanted to talk about."

"I think you can talk. It's just a phone call. See what she has to say." He pushed his hands deep into his grey slacks that caused his toned chest to flex a little.

"Yeah." The youngest breathed. "I'll talk to you later."

Hoseok walked away with a pat on his shoulder.

Jungkook was incredibly twitchy when the call finally came in during his break, but to his surprise, he found Jae-Hwa rather likable. She was polite and professional. After introducing herself, she'd gone directly to the point without beating around the bush.

"Jungkook-ssi, I have a mutually beneficial proposition if you can hear me out. Before you ask, I'm not interested in both our parent's arrangements."

Jungkook had sighed in relief. "Thanks. What is that you propose?"

"So, I'm not sure if it's mutually beneficial yet. Because I mainly approached you to ask you for a favor."

"Okay."

"I'm seeing someone."

"Oh." Jungkook blinked, almost guessing where this conversation was headed to.

"Jung-hyun and I met in the university. But he's not what my parents expect my future partner to be, if you know what I mean."

Jungkook further relaxed into his seat. "Yeah, I know what you mean."

"Yeah, so, um...you see we were planning to um...elope kinda? Cos' my parents would never allow our marriage. But he was sent to Spain for a project and he's stuck there for another three months. Marriage is nothing but another business deal for my family. And I'm in love with Jung-hyun."

"Why do you need my help?"

"About that...you see my dad said you refused to meet me. The thing is...ah, I'm sure you're not interested but knowing our parents, I won't be the last person they'll try to hook you up with and vice versa."

Jungkook accepted her logic and she was right.

"I was hoping if you would agree to fake date me. It's completely up to you," she rushed to say. "But I'm really desperate, Jungkook-ssi. The only reason I called you is that I know your stand in this but I can't say the same for others. I need to lay low until Jung-hyun comes back. If my parents found out, I don't know what would happen. I might never get to meet Jung-hyun again. Please...I...I'll understand if you don't want to and you don't owe me. I'm a stranger and I'm not in a position to ask you either. But I'll forever be grateful if you do this huge favor for me."