Chapter 32

I'm sorry for not updating this fic. I rarely get comments for this fic unlike my other fics and didn't know there are people eagerly waiting for it. I'm mostly writing this complex plot for fun.

I'll try and post at least one chapter a week. Sorry to keep you waiting.

*** 

When Hoseok walked out from backstage to get to the main area, he was guided to the most guarded section of the hall. His seat was at the front as opposed to his initial seating arrangement which was at the fourth row. Perhaps, it was because Vinora was one of the hosts.

The security guards at the entrance hadn't even asked for his name when he approached them. He had noticed the others being subjected to the security check and being made to walk through the metal detector. It surprised him to see the amount of security in the place. This was never the case before. Not that he attended that many shows, but today there was a different air around him.

He shrugged and sat down at his designated seat, ignoring Eunji who was trying to wave at him from the fourth row, probably to invite him to sit with her. He saw Jungkook and Katy taking their spots closer to the slightly elevated stage. The maknae of the house looked excited, chatting animatedly with Katy, who replied with the same enthusiasm yet eyes fixated at her camera lens with determination.

He was lost in her once again. It was entertaining to watch her work. The way she focused and forgets about her surrounding was endearing.

Suddenly the atmosphere around them changed. Everyone around him jumped to their feet and more security guards dressed in black poured in. Several whispers reached his ears. One of them stood out.

"It's the Mins."

Hoseok looked to his left to see an elegant woman he'd only seen on television entering the hall surrounded by security guards. Behind her was Min Yoongi. He sucked in a breath. He'd met the man himself a few times when he attended trade shows in Western countries. They only shared a few words out of respect.

"It's the crown prince." The whispers grew louder as their gazes met.

Hoseok blinked as he stood before bowing his head in a greeting. The people around him followed suit, bowing in their direction. Hoseok was floored when he realized he was seated next to Min Yoongi.

Damn.

Yoongi was dressed in all black, looking nonchalant and responding to the greetings only with a curt nod. His lazy gaze flicked around before he sat, crossing his legs elegantly. To Hoseok's surprise, he turned toward him. "Nice to meet you again, Hoseok-ssi," he greeted, extending his hand to shake.

"The pleasure is mine." Hoseok shook his hand which was cold for touch.

Beside him, Yoongi's mother asked him something and Hoseok watched as her warm gaze turned to him. She reached over to Yoongi to shake his hands and Hoseok was on his feet immediately. It was an honor to just be in the presence of the royals. At least that was how he felt compared to his father or Uncle Jeon, who despised the royals with a passion. In his point of view, they were just jealous and thought the Mins had everything handed out to them, unlike the others who worked for it.

"It's an honor." He bowed deeply, shaking her hand.

"Jung Hoseok, isn't it?" she asked and he once again stared in surprise. "The CEO of Jung group."

"You know me?"

"Of course." She smiled. "It's hard to miss you considering how much you have achieved in the recent years. My children often speak highly of you."