Chapter 30

Note: Please note, I know nothing about Fashion or Fashion shows. I'm just winging it with the information I Googled. So, please excuse my mistakes.

T/W: Implied sexual assault in a flashback scene. It's just mentioned in one sentence that's all.

I didn't plan for Angst, but I thought this scene is important to understand their relationship dynamics and why Jimin is hesitant.

***

Jimin wasn't at the venue when they reached after an hour, which was a bummer. Jungkook looked forward to it so much that the expression on his face fell when he didn't see Jimin there.

Tae greeted Jungkook with a warm hug before chatting animatedly about the shoots and arrangements before he was dragged away by staff. Jungkook was feeling giddy just at the prospect of seeing Jimin's reaction. But he was soon absorbed into work and had less time to mull over his exposed arms and collar bones.

It was much later when Tae pulled him to the break room to go over the edited photos in his laptop, handpicking them to be used for the upcoming campaign.

"Aera, when will the artists arrive?" Tae asked as Jungkook opened the next folder.

"Tomorrow." Aera typed away on her iPad. "All the arrangements are done. Our driver will pick them up from the airport. They will join us for the rehearsal tomorrow."

"Artists?" Jungkook looked up. "Are there going to be live performers?"

Tae cocked a brow with an amused smile. "You've never seen any of our shows before, have you?"

Jungkook shook his head. He'd seen them at the billboards and a few magazine articles. That was all.

"We always have popular artists perform in our shows," Aera informed with a soft smile. "Since it's our first time in Seoul Fashion Week we wanted it to be special."

"Who?" Jungkook leaned forward, his eyes twinkling.

"Shawn Mendes, The Weeknd and Fall out boy."

"Oh, my God!" Jungkook covered his mouth.

Tae winked at him and then clapped at his shoulder. "You're gonna enjoy this."

Before long they were all piled on the single couch with Tae and Jungkook in the middle. Aera and Porshiya to his left and Katy to Tae's right. Aera was almost on his lap, one leg was thrown over his knee and her arm draped over his shoulder with how they were all hunched to view the single screen, Porshiya was hugging Aera from behind like a koala as they selected the photos they liked better.

Suddenly the door opened, Jimin's exhausted voice greeting them. Jungkook whipped up only to freeze when he felt warm lips pressing against his temple. Blood rushed to his face and he felt heat surge from his neck to the tip of his ears. It was a simple kiss, one Jimin had noticed way too late because his eyes widened comically.

It all lasted for a few seconds before Jimin's lips quirked to the side and he was moving to Aera and Porshiya to kiss their temples. Just like that, the moment was broken and Jungkook internally thanked Aera, who cupped the back of his head forcing him to face the laptop screen.

He was sure his face was red like a tomato but he didn't dare to look up again, concentrating on the screen, his mind barely focusing with his skin tingling where Jimin just kissed him. His heartbeat was too loud in his ears.

It was an accident. Jimin had the habit of kissing the other four before he left them to go somewhere or when he came back. It wasn't just him. All five did that like some routine. Always greeting each other with a kiss on their cheek or head. But still, it did nothing to lessen the flutter in his heart.