Chapter 38

It was a tiring day, more emotionally draining than anything else. By the time he reached home at night, all his things were neatly packed and were stacked in labeled boxes in his new room at his sister's place.

After a small discussion, they decided it'd be better to move in with his sister. Their huge eight-bedroom penthouse was more than enough. Jungkook's room was big and decorated in muted colors. Not his usual taste but he was planning to change that once he was back in his element.

He tried not to think about the exhausting day and took a long shower until his skin pruned. Then he spent some time putting away his clothes and accessories, leaving the rest of the boxes as they were to unpack later.

He currently stood on the balcony that overlooked the city. Seoul was beautiful at night. It reminded him of his college days when he'd just roam the streets at night photographing to his heart's content. He loved to capture life as it was. There was so much going on and it was always exciting. He missed those days.

From the age of sixteen, he was molded into taking over a company his grandfather built so carefully. Despite his varied interest, this was all the future he'd ever known and imagined. He never thought about anything else until his sister came along. Now that was taken away he didn't know how to process that.

He'd sacrificed so much; turned down so many offers just for this. Jungkook didn't make friends because his father didn't approve of his choice of friends and he didn't like the ones his father liked. He rarely went out to parties because crowded places weren't really his thing.

His world was small. His goals were already set. There was nothing spontaneous. Nothing adventurous.

What was he supposed to do now? Photography was something that made him happy. Should he pursue that? Jungkook didn't know. It was all too much.

The night wind was chilly but it didn't bother Jungkook. He shivered but welcomed the cold.

Was his father right? Was he nothing without him?

His eyes stung. He'd lived in his shadow for too long. Then he had to shake his head a few times to shake that thought off. He was no longer under his control. He was finally out of that house and on his own like he always wanted.

Shouldn't this mean something?

He hasn't talked to his mother. He didn't know what she would tell him. He was in no mood to find out. She'd called Jin and he heard them talking for a while. He heard her worried voice but didn't know what to tell her.

His mind was haywire, but one thing kept running in his mind. Jungkook has officially moved out of his parent's home. Now he could live freely. He was an adult. He would figure something, wouldn't he?

His chest felt heavy with every breath he took. He tried to tell himself that he had nothing to worry about but he couldn't. He was punished for something so petty and he didn't deserve that. The unfairness of the situation hurt. He wished it didn't bother him much.

"Hey..."

Jimin's soft voice startled him and he whipped his head around to see his boyfriend. His recently dyed black hair was wet from his recent shower and messy on top of his head. His skin appeared soft with a healthy pink glow.

Even without make-up, Park Jimin was an ethereal creature and he was proud that this was his boyfriend. His soft, pink lips were warm and inviting. Jungkook leaned forward without another thought. He encircled a hand around his waist, cupping his cheek with the other.

Jimin gave best kisses. Not that he had much experience to compare. His boyfriend kissed him back immediately without holding back. Jimin tangled his fingers into his hair, tilting his head to kiss deeper. His tongue teased his bottom lip but never went deeper than that. It was good. It was enough.