Chapter 8

Nut jobs!

If beating up someone without getting into trouble was possible, Jimin would have gladly done that. Sadly, he wasn't in uni anymore, where such fights were brushed off because the ones he fought against believed in settling things with fists. Well, in uni they had their own rules. Whenever they disagreed, they settled matters with fists, where locker rooms were their fighting ground and the loser accepted his fate with pride. Nothing too outrageous, of course. Yoongi hyung would have his hide if that was the case. They were careful. Punches were thrown, often not enough to draw blood. The first person to tap out or pinned to the floor with no way of escape loses.

Jimin often thought choosing this line of career was a sick joke played by God and his father. How did he even allow himself to be convinced? Because it tested every bit of his restraints and after only two years, he decided he can't survive in courtrooms. Not without punching someone. He was now happy with his current position in Vinora, where he had to handle only legal matters related to Vinora and sometimes that associated with Min Group.

His blood had boiled with rage when he received the detailed email from his father last night. It had been a week since his last call with Mr. Wang. He was avoiding every email and phone call because he wanted to know the real reason.

What he didn't expect was for the Jeon attorneys to track him to California, demanding they allowed them to meet Jeong-seon. As he glared at them, hands fisting on his lap, he contemplated throwing them out. But he held back because they hadn't given him a reason to do so yet.

"Mr. Park, you haven't returned any of our calls or emails. It's highly unethical. This is really important," Wang's assistant, who introduced himself as Jay said.

"And I clearly stated, I do not know her whereabouts. My father is no longer her legal guardian."

Jay laughed. "Now you know that's a lie. You grew up together and went to the same school," Jay insisted, causing Jimin to narrow his eyes. "Mr. Jeon is aware that Ms. Jeon grew up in your family home in Seoul. Your father fired the caretaker Mr. Jeon hired." Jay looked smug and Jimin clenched his jaw biting back a retort. He decided to let them talk first. "Your family moved to California seventeen years ago. It's the same time as she transferred to a different school. We have a good reason to believe you're still in touch and you very well know where she is."

Jimin leaned back, crossing his knees, cocking his head to the side. "Doesn't mean I have to tell you," he said mirroring Jay's smug face. No one knew the real identity of Jeong-seon except for his father and their close group of friends. Katy adopted an American name as soon as they shifted here. In fact, she was now in the exact same room as the motherfuckers, but they wouldn't know. Katy took after her Indian mother with big almond-shaped eyes, her skin the color of wheat, and dark brown hair. No one ever thought about the possibility of her father being a Korean.

"Mr. Park—"

"You haven't given me a reason other than saying it's important. Why do you want to see her?" Jimin briefly glanced at Katy, who was sitting on the couch behind the gentlemen, nursing her herbal tea, eyes on her laptop but attention solely on them.

Jay and the other guy named Hyun shared a look. Jay licked his lips. "We can only reveal that to her."

Jimin leaned forward on his elbows, resting his chin on his intertwined fingers. He regarded them for a long moment. "Good luck talking to her." He grinned, then pointed at the door. "You may leave."

"Mr. Park, you can't do that. We demand to meet Ms. Jeon. You cannot hide one of the heirs to the Jeon Corporation. This matter concerns her safety. We will go to court if needed."