Chapter - 12

When Jungkook was called in for a lunchtime meeting with his father, he knew it had something to do with the present situation. He wasn't wrong. Hoseok was already there when he arrived, looking like he'd be anywhere but here. Apart from Hoseok and his father's assistant, there were also a few people from their legal department.

"Come on in, Jungkook. We were waiting for you to start," his father said, his face an impassive mask, giving nothing away. "Mr. Wang, give us an overview of things so my son is aware of the situation."

Jungkook occupied the seat beside Hoseok. "What now?" he whispered.

Hoseok leaned, lowering his voice, "Your dad thought your sister will come running once he laid out his proposition. But she's continuously shooting down his advances. Her attorney responded earlier this week saying she isn't willing to meet us. Then he kicked our attorneys out of his office when they visited for the third time this week and even threatened that they'll go to court if we don't leave her alone."

Wow. Jungkook pursed his lips, holding in his chuckle. That was really something but not surprising.

Wang, their company attorney cleared his throat. "You're already aware of the situation regarding the will. We're trying to reach out to Ms. Jeon for the past week. We know she's in California and we found Mr. Park's son. He shot us down. He knows her whereabouts and is hiding it."

Jungkook shared a look with Hoseok.

"It's important that we speak to her and get her to sign the documents, therefore to ensure a smooth transition when you take over the company," Wang directed his words to Jungkook.

"Her attorney did say that she will sign the documents to ensure a smooth transition," Jay, Wang's assistant intervened. "But he won't let us meet her."

Wang sighed. "We're asking her to disclaim the inheritance. It's not just about letting go of her rights in the company. She owns fifty percent shares as per the will. But the main problem here is that..." he slanted a glance at Jungkook's father before continuing, "The media and the others are now aware of the will. Our PR team is having a hard time and we need Ms. Jeon to work with us."

"I don't understand," Jungkook said. "You're asking her to disclaim the inheritance?" That was atrocious.

"Ah, she doesn't know that part yet." Jay scratched the back of his neck. "We only told her about the company and requested a meeting. But yes, that was our main purpose. If she willingly disclaims the inheritance, it'll go to you since you're next in line."

"That was..." Jungkook frowned. He looked at his father, already knowing why they would do something like that.

"For a fair price, of course." Wang laughed. "Your father isn't heartless, Jungkook-ssi. We will compensate her financially for giving up her rights over the company and other assets."

"But the media and our competitors are trying to use this opportunity to their gain. They cannot know this. The PR team suggested that she attend the Jeon annual gala and a few other events so it appears to the public that there is no bad blood between her and your family," Jay continued.

Now Jungkook laughed. "Good luck with that."

"Jungkook..." His father's stern voice warned.

Jungkook shrugged and stood. "Leave me out of this, dad. This is your mess. I don't wish to be a part of it." He turned to Hoseok. "Hyung, we need to go over some stuff for the conference call scheduled at two." He checked his watch and glanced at the others. "Thanks, gentlemen."

"You handled that well," Hoseok said once they were out of the meeting room.

"Are they for real, hyung? They already shunned her away and now they want her to give up the inheritance, which is rightfully hers." He shook his head in disbelief. When his father first started looking for her, he believed it was to settle the issue.