Chapter 28

Jikook have their first moment together :P

***

"It's good to know that she doesn't want it. As much as I don't like this, she does have a point," Jin said thoughtfully.

The three of them, Jin, Hoseok, and Jungkook lounged in Jin's living room with a drink in their hand. They usually didn't drink on a weekday, but today's events called for it. Jungkook needed it.

"I'm so confused, hyung."

"I don't think you should do it," Hoseok commented.

"It's not serious, hyung. I think I can handle it if I do this." Jungkook frowned. He was still confused. Accepting her offer would definitely get his father off his back.

"Remember what you told me about Eunji?" Hoseok reminded him. "I still don't think you should go ahead with this."

"But you're married, hyung," Jungkook reasoned. The alcohol had kicked in and his body buzzed with warmth. His hyungs could handle their alcohol well and he was sure he will regret this tomorrow. "I'm still single."

"Well..." Jin trailed off. "Technically yeah. You're single. Seeing as your crush is also your new boss, I agree with Hobi on this one."

Jungkook's eyes widened. "I-Why would he care?"

"He won't." Jin shrugged. "I mean...he doesn't give a damn now. Why would he care if you showed up with a fiancé tomorrow."

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Do you want us to spell it out for you, Jungkook-ah? The first reason you accepted this job is to be closer to Park Jimin, isn't it? You kept going back to the gym because of him. Now that you're where you need to be, do you want to ruin your chances with him by bringing Jae-Hwa into this?"

"But...I don't even know if he's into men," Jungkook said in a small voice. "He never gave me any indication if he likes me that way and besides you know I can't...I can't come out."

"How are you so sure?" Hoseok asked with a tilted head. "You don't know what the future holds for you."

Jin chuckled. "You didn't even expect to meet him in the first place, but look, you work with him every day. You guys eat together and he's a lot closer to you than he's with anyone else."

Jungkook's eyes twinkled. He knew why he got special treatment from the quintuples, but his hyungs didn't know the reason yet. To Jimin, he was Jeoni's little brother. Will he be anything more than that? Only time will tell.

"That brings me to my next suggestion," Hoseok added. "Why don't you speak to Jimin? He's an attorney and your crush. You can kill two birds with a stone."

Jungkook's face lit up with the idea. "Thanks, hyung." He shot up from his love seat, hugging Hoseok tighter and his hyung laughed as Jungkook climbed onto his lap, burying his face into his shoulder. His hyung always smelled nice. He felt a soft press of Hoseok's lips on his temple. "I'm such a bad boyfriend."

"You don't have a boyfriend yet."

"I do. His name is Park Jimin." Jungkook's eyes sparkled as he pulled away to squish Hoseok's cheeks. "Hyungie...he's so beautiful it hurts," he slurred with a laugh. The youngest hadn't even realized how much alcohol he'd consumed that night. He felt fine a while ago, but the world around him was now floating.

"Alright. Time for bed," Jin urged. "Let's go to bed and regret drinking tomorrow."

Jungkook laughed as he got off Hoseok's lap. "I want to be a little spoon today," he announced as he stretched his body.