Chapter - 29

The morning after gym saw Jungkook loitering on his backyard porch with a goofy grin plastered on his face. He didn't have much to do at the office today. He'd told Mina to clear his schedule until the end of Seoul Fashion Week and Hoseok took over some of his work so he could relax.

He sipped his tea in peace, listening to the birds chirping in the bird fountain a few feet away in the garden. It had been ages since he felt some semblance of peace and it felt nice.

"Do you mind if I join?" His mother's voice startled him and he grinned when he saw she was standing by the door, looking at him curiously.

She had dressed down that morning, an unusual occurrence for her. The fitted jean and large sweater suited her well. Her hair was down and in wavy natural curls, reminding him of his childhood days while she used to dress like this.

"Did you not join dad for breakfast?"

His mom shrugged, another uncharacteristic trait. She was usually so poised to give out any trivial emotion such as this. She moved to sit on the chair adjacent to him under the pergola. "He has his legal team come over again."

Jungkook's lips twisted in a soft smile. He watched her curiously as she poured herself a cup from the steaming pot and grabbed a freshly baked muffin. A soft hum drifted off her as she bit into the sweet haven.

"This is really good," she commented after swallowing. When she opened her eyes she frowned, realizing he was watching her intently. "What?"

"You've changed," he observed.

The corners of her lips quirked. "Good or bad change?"

"Good." He licked his lips as he adjusted in his seat to face her. "It's good to see like this, mom."

She looked down at her cup, sipping quietly. "I feel nice. I heard from Hoseok that you freed your schedule for the rest of the week."

"Yeah, I did," he admitted with a nod. "Seoul Fashion Week is coming up. I wanted to enjoy this. It's a huge thing you know."

"My friends all talk big about the show. Do you think you can get me a pass? I tried to ask your dad, but—"

"Mom, I don't need reasons," he cut her off and reached out to gently squeeze her hand. "If you need something from me, all you have to do is to ask."

She blinked a few times before nodding. "It's just...A-Yeong said it's pretty tough." She waved a free hand in the air with a sigh. "And it's too late."

Jungkook smiled. "Mom, it's not too late. And your son just happens to know how to get one."

He grabbed his phone from the table and texted Porshiya.

Jungkook:

Hey Noona

I forgot to ask you something.

Is it too late to get a pass for the Seoul Fashion Week?

Noona Posh:

We don't have any more backstage passes. But I think there should be a few slots for the guests.

Jungkook:

Oh, a guest pass is fine. It's for my mom.

Noona Posh:

Cool.

You gotta contact Aera for that.

[Contact attached]