Chapter 37

Sorry for the long wait...but like I said before this is my comfort fic that I'm writing slowly. The plot is bit too complicated and I made it even more complicated so...he he. I don't want to hurry and miss out all the stuff I want to write. So this will be updated slowly. Please bear with me.

We crossed the first arc of the story and now stepped into another arc. I still don't know how long this will be or how complicated or how soon things will be sorted out. I'm just going with the flow.

Happy reading folks!

***

Jungkook expected the storm when he entered the home and he didn't have to wait for long. His father was waiting for him and didn't waste a second before exploding on him. His mother was nowhere to be seen, probably in her room as usual or hanging out with her friends.

He tuned out most of the conversation, sitting in front of his father silently in his office room at home. Fortunately, they were alone.

The office hasn't changed much in years except for the increase in the amount of trophies on the shelf behind. Most of them, they earned after Jungkook entered the company, becoming one of the youngest and promising business executives in South korea. But his achievements were overshadowed by his father who always brushed aside his efforts as the face of the company.

"I didn't know," he said for the millionth time. "As I said, I want nothing to do with whatever you're planning. I did what you asked Hoseok hyung and me to do. If your lawyers couldn't convince her, it isn't my fault."

His father continued to fume. "It's our reputation that's in line," he growled.

"Wrong." He met his father's gaze with a frown. "It's your reputation that's in line. I wasn't the one who cheated on his wife."

His father slammed his fists on the table. "Mind your words, boy!"

"Just stating the facts." He shrugged.

"Cancel whatever contract you have with her. I'm not allowing my son to work with someone like her."

Jungkook's blood boiled. "What do you mean someone like her?"

His father narrowed his eyes. "You know exactly what it is."

Jungkook scoffed. "She's just like me. Your flesh and blood. I don't understand why she is any different just because she's living proof of your mistake."

"That's enough," he hissed. "You've already done enough damage as it is. Your name and her name is all over the media. When it gets out that she's your sister it's gonna get worse. We need to be ready for severe damage control. I'll make sure she doesn't get anywhere near my company and you..." He pointed a finger at him. "Be ready. We are moving ahead and announcing your engagement with Jae-Hwa next week."

Jungkook whipped up with wide eyes. "My what?"

His father smirked. "I gave you a choice to get to know her. But you wouldn't listen. So we decided everything on your behalf. The situation with your sister blew up unexpectedly and the PR team thinks it's a good time to announce your engagement to distract the public."

Jungkook narrowed his eyes. "I'm not marrying her."

"I'm not asking for your permission." His father sipped his water with a smug expression he always sported before winning an argument.

He jumped to his feet. "I'm not accepting this. It's my life. I'm still young and have a lot ahead of me. You can't force me to marry someone I barely know."

His father scoffed and waved a dismissive hand in the air. "I barely knew your mother when I married her. This is how marriage works."

"Yeah, we both can see how that worked for you," he scowled and stood. "I'm not like you. As I said, I won't let you use me for your personal gain."