xxxɪ. ʏᴇᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ

The day after you met with Julius...

"Do you have to go?" The little boy says. If you don't remember, he's the one that you saved in the town, and he's become quite attached to you.

You smile down at the little squirt and squat so you're eye-level to him. "Sorry little dude, it's a pretty important meeting." You rub his head a little and stand back up. He hugs your leg and buries his face in it, but you pull him off and teleport away before he can latch back on.

You can already imagine his face and feel a little guilty, but the look wipes off your face as you head into the meeting room.

Yami sits, smoking a cigarette, the vice-captain of the Crimson Lion Kings, Randall Luftair, sits as a representative of Fuegoleon. Dorothy is sleeping- no surprise there, Jack the Ripper attempts to taunt Yami, and Charlotte Roselei sits next to Yami with flushed cheeks. And then there's William. He sits silently, with a slight smile on his face. Mysterious.

Ah, let's not forget about the young Captain Rill, who sits there brimming with energy. When he notices you, he tells you he wants to talk outside once the meeting's over. The other captains look silently intrigued, (minus Dorothy) but they don't say anything.

What a heavy mood. Wait, why am I here? Vice-Captain Randall is here for Captain Fuegoleon, so I shouldn't have been called. You think. Well, your questions will soon be answered, as Julius appears out of nowhere, gaining the attention of the captains and yourself.

"Welcome my dear friends and niece." He winks at you. "I just thought it'd be a nice time to say it." Julius grins.

Odd... You think to yourself. He seems a bit off today. Is it his aura?

Oh, Dorothy woke up.

⇠⇡⇢

First Person POV...

"YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS 5'5 PIECE OF SHIT IS YOUR DAUGHTER?!" Yami yells, cigarette hanging from his mouth. He was the first to react, nearly jumping onto the table in surprise.

"Niece." I correct him. "And I might be 5'6 now, who knows?" The Black Bulls Captain glares at you, whilst the other captains stay silent. Rill looks like he wants to jump and shout around as much as Yami is.

"Pardon the interruption, but how long have you known? And how do you know?" Captain Charlotte speaks coolly. Her professional gaze rests on me, and I sigh.

"I'd only come to know of this last night, as Uncle Julius had said to me. How he knows, you'll have to ask him." I explain. She nods and turns to Julius, motioning for him to explain.

"What I'm about to say should not, under any circumstances, leave this room," Julius says sternly. The captains nod, Dorothy verbally saying yes. Certainly got her attention earlier.

"I understand that you may not remember him, but do any of you recall the name [F/N]?" Julius questions. The room is silent for a few seconds. Julius sighs as if he knew this would be the case, which he probably did. "I see. Well, that man was the former king for a few brief months. I was close friends with him, and was made to be [Name]'s godfather, should he and his lover die."

I nod, as it matches up to the information he told me last night.

"And they did die. [F/N] was killed by our current king, who was his jealous older brother. Meanwhile, [Name]'s mother died giving birth to her son-"

I look at him sharply, his words registering in my head. The captains notice my gaze and glance at Julius curiously.

"So you're telling me I have a blood-related brother? Now, of all times?!" I yell. "You know what? Forget it, continue with your fucking story." I say bitterly. One more fuckin' thing to think about.

If I had stared at Julius when he continued his story, perhaps I would've noticed the baleful glint in his eye when he looked at me.

Other than the new brother, his story stayed the same as it was last night. The captains seem to need time to let it all sink in, and I sigh. But this isn't the end of the meeting.

"So, now that I've told all of you this, onto the main part of the meeting," Julius claps his hands and grins excitedly. His eyes don't have that same sparkle as they did when he usually got excited, but I chalk it up to him having to tell what happened.

"So, [Name] is to become a captain of her own squad soon." He blatantly says.

Yami choked on his cigarette. I hope he learns how bad those are for his health soon.

⇠⇡⇢

Third Person POV...

"Wow, dropping one bomb after another. Just what I'd expect frOM you, Wizard King!" Dorothy beams. "Anyway, I have no objection, she is the top recruit thus far, besides that wind boy that William has." She pokes the Golden Dawn captain who smiles sheepishly.

"Wait, so I won't be the youngest anymore?!" Rill rejoices. [Name] smiles a little at his enthusiasm and then turns back to Julius, studying the man. His appearance is the same, so what is it that's different today?

Yet another thing to add to the list of 'Things [Name] should think about now, but I like it when you procrastinate.' It's become really long at this point.

"So [Name], what do you say? You ready for a responsibility like this?" Julius asks cutely, his eyes shimmering.

Third Person POV...

Ah, my dearest [Name]... the white-haired girl smiles, her lips curling up farther than what should be natural. How long have we been together now? I personally cannot remember. I lost track after the 6th. But those stupid gods told you... four, wasn't it? Still hiding the truth from you it seems.

The girl pauses her writing, the red ink-no, blood- turning brown on the white paper.

Perhaps she'd send this one..?

She continues with new ideas on what to say forming. When you get this letter, I hope you'll remember. But don't worry. It's going to be okay. I'm always watching. I'll always protect you, now that I've found you. I'll be like your knight in shining armour! You don't need anyone else. We will always have each other.

With love,

Serenity.

She looks through the window, gazing at [Name], who has just accepted Julius' offer. And she smiles again.

I suppose it's time to use my powers and join the knights, right?

She disappears without a trace, already planning what steps she would take.

⇠⇡⇢

Words: 1111
Published: May 4th, 2021
Edited:————

hi again :lipbites: