Ⅸ. 𝕆𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤?

I am never going onto Omegle again. -weebornator, September 16th, 2020.

And this is completely unrelated but the bags under my eyes are horrendously beautiful and I could rival both Eraserhead and Shinso.- weebornator, September 17th, 2020.

This chapter is set a day later after Castletown.

Third Person POV...

[Name] sits, huddled in blankets, and once again on her balcony floor. Her stomach growls, quite loudly, for she had not fed herself during dinner, and instead, decided on retreating to her bedchamber. (That's the only sophisticated sentence you'll get.) Between doing chores, meeting a few of the Black Bulls on her mission, and seeing that old lady with Time Magic,(very fascinating) she hasn't had a chance to think. Well, she has, she just chooses not to. 

When she is alone, however, it is all she can think about. The betrayal and anger she feels almost overtook her then. Why? Why? Why go to such lengths, why did they choose such a barbarous job? If it could even be called that.

I can't sleep.

She debates whether she wants to try to sleep, or maybe she could-

Her stomach growls its final warning. Alright, you win this time. The score is now 789-0.

She quickly gets up in order to satiate her hunger and travels around the base in the dark, stumbling nearly every turn.

"If I remember correctly..." [Name] mumbles, her voice barely audible. "It should be right here." Arriving at a set of grand oak wood doors, she throws them open, grateful for the grease on the hinges.

Well, it wasn't food, that's for sure.

Instead, it was her second favorite thing. Books. She almost wants to laugh. Or maybe cry. She hasn't decided yet. But, her hunger is quickly forgotten once she sees the vastness of the library. She wonders how long it would take her to finish all of these. But I do know that I'll start now!

History has always been a favorite of hers and she finds comfort in that subject. Grabbing a random book, she sits at a nearby table.

[Name] looks at the extremely thin book. The Story of Those Loved by Mana: The Elves. Looking on the inside, the pages seem to be blank to any other human reading, not that [Name] would know that. She has no problem reading the first passage of the book...

We were not your enemies. Yet you slaughtered us in cold blood. Now, face the consequences for there are those much more powerful than us. We call each other friends. You should've been afraid of them. Soon, you humans will all meet your doom.

❖❖❖

[Name] pauses, unsure of what she has just read. It almost sounds like a... threatening fairy tail. The fact that it says humans like that means this is set within another world, right? It's odd, but it's a good fantasy book. Do they know they misplaced it?

She quickly reads the next passage in anticipation. 

Long ago, we were a peaceful tribe. We did not harm or kill any animals or humans. We bore no ill-intent, but you still killed us. Your fear will be your undoing.

But this is not why we wrote this book.

Oh, multiple authors. That's cool [Name] nods her head as she continues to read. But then she realizes something. There wasn't any name on the front. Just the title. Aw, man. If this book is actually good and ends on a cliffhanger, I won't know who to search for~ [Name] groans in her head. Books like these are always interesting, especially when they're written like that. A threatening tale, filled with bloodshed and betrayal.