xliii. royale knights exam

sorry for the short chapter

————

In every reincarnation story, it always turns out different from the past. Since I'm here, it's supposed to be different. I could solve everything, I can save everyone with the power I have... So why are you laying there?

Why won't you respond?

———

The Royale Knights Exam went just as it had in the manga. Minus Serenity, whom I desperately ignored, and Ajax, whom I stood beside. Along with that, there was the little prince. We made eye contact several times, but I guess it isn't time to speak with him yet. My only brother in every life, and I couldn't spend the first, what? 12, 13 years with him? The previous queen- my mother- gave birth to him when I was four, so that must be about right.

I catch his eye and send him a little wink and he looks away quickly. The king sat in his little throne, the pretentious bastard, and didn't bother hiding his glare from me. I stared right back, smirking.

Not the time to stare at that ass though- and I don't mean it in that way. I want to see with my own eyes the growth of Asta and Yuno.

This is the last part of Black Clover I read in the past. If it weren't for that fucking psycho over there- no, that's rude- but I don't have any memory of what happens after the Royale Knight Exam finishes. For me, this is where the storyline had ended- Asta and Yuno make it into the Royal Knights and that's it.

Of course, those other people weren't included. By other, I mean Serenity, obviously.

I don't think I've ever been so mad before. Serenity is at fault, but so are her so-called siblings. Isn't this their fault? Why rope me into it? Did they have those same trials? Maybe they don't have the same parents? Like, Serenity's siblings are full gods and Serenity is like a demigod trying to become a true god?

I don't know. I really don't know.

Everything's messed up and I don't know what to do from here. How do I protect them? Can I? I know I'm overpowered, but I don't even understand the half of it.

I'm tired.

I'm sorry, [Name]. You'll know soon.

I chuckle at Draco's attempt to comfort me- or whatever he was trying to do- and Ajax looks up at me.

That's right.

I don't even have to do this, do I? It's selfish, but I can give the ring to Ajax and it'd be the end of it for me-

What the fuck is wrong with me right now? Was I really about to make a child potentially go and battle gods? How far have I fallen?

"I'm sorry, Ajax," I say out loud. He won't know what I'm talking about, but that's for the best.

————

They passed. Serenity did too, of course. We were issued our new robes, and I was ushered off into the future that I didn't know of.

————

Words: 528
Published: 27 august 2022
Edited:————