xxxᴠɪɪɪ. ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ

HIII OMF IT'S BEEN SO LONG IM SO SORRY!!! i said in my announcements thingy that i'd start writing again on sept 29th but i honestly just never got around to it..
i can't make any promises right now(or ever really) but i'll seriously try my best to have more consistent updates AND I'LL PUT IT IN MY BUCKET LIST SO I HAVE TO DO IT... if i remember to check🥲

First Person POV...

The captains come out after Uncle Julius, looking as clean as ever. And cute... really fucking cute bro. How was I able to stay sane while hanging out with them-?

Charlotte catches my eyes, and when she does, she looks away and blushes furiously. But then her eyes find mine again and I use the opportunity to throw a wink at her.

Charlotte Route: Unlocked!

What.

Can you not read now?

At this point, I'm not even going to bother shutting him out. He's gonna find some way to barge in again sooner or later.

I thought I already had her 'route' unlocked.

You're not that cute.

Your companions would beg to differ. I know they've fallen in love with me.

Now that shut him UP-?!

I've been picked up by Leopold for some reason and now we're headed to the front of the crowd. "I can walk," I say to him.

He doesn't respond for a moment, but when he does, he's looking at me and grinning. "I just wanted to show off my teammate and rival!" I can practically hear what else he wants to say.

Especially to everyone else up there.

Well, I'll play along with him for a while. I didn't really want to walk anyway.

❂❂❂

"Citizens of Clover Kingdom, it is wonderful to have you all hear for this year's Star Festival!" Julius starts. The crowd applauds for him. "This year, thought you may not know, has been full of twists and turns, but we have amazing recruits this year who have fixed that," Julius looks right at me.

"One of which, is my niece."

The crowd explodes with murmurs. "The Wizard King has a niece?" "Could it be..?" "Wow!"

"[Name], please come up and introduce yourself."

I can feel Leopold's widened eyes on me when he lets me go. I guess his siblings never told him- that is, if they found out. I wonder what Asta and Yuno think of this...

Third Person POV...

Two unannounced royals seethe. Why is it taking Julius so long to call them out?! Augustus Kira Clover the XIII(13) almost calls out one of the guards, but then-

"One of which, is my niece," he hears Julius say. Top 10 reasons why you should actually pay attention: You might hear your dead niece is alive.

The kings' stomach drops to his feet.

But it can't be... that little shit was kidnapped years ago, her mother and my brother are dead! There's no way her kidnappers kept her alive for that long..!

"[Name], please come up and introduce yourself."

I'm so screwed. The king clenches his hand, forgetting that a 12 year old child is holding it. His grip is weak, however, and the boy is unaffected.

The boy doesn't bother asking why his grip got tighter. He looks similar to [Name] as well, although he holds a certain shine to him because of his inherited light magic. "What was it Father? Did Julius make a condescending comment about you? Shall we finally behead him for being so haughty?"

The young boy doesn't like acting like this. He'd rather be in his room, feigning illness as he usually did. He knew about the rumors of the people, how his father acted. But it was easier to avoid and ignore if he never payed attention to it.

If you haven't already guessed, this young 12 year-old boy is your younger brother, whom was born when you were five and kidnapped. He has no memory of his real father, nor will Augustus mention him in front of him. To your brother, Augustus is his one and only dad.

His name is Augustus the XIV(14), although e prefers to be called August. Not that anyone else besides his personal maid knows that.

Enough of that introduction, since it's [Name]'s turn to speak now.

"Hello there, citizens of Clover Kingdom. I am [Name] [Middle Name] Novachrono, and as your beloved Wizard King has said, I am his neice. I've lived in the-"

"Ah! No life stories just yet! I feel someone in the back is getting impatient," Julius laughs and the people laugh too. They know exactly who he's talking about.

Augustus trembles even more, raising a thumb to his mouth and chewing off the nail, mumbling "I'll kill him, I'll kill him, I'll kim hill... Have him arrested, thrown around town as a display and beheaded! How dare he bring her back..!"

The king's grip tightens again, and this time it hurts. August tugs away. "Father, he's called us out. Let's go."

Augustus rights himself and fixes his clothing. Today will be the day he shows up Julius, especially because of the information he got. Finally, he won't be lesser than the Clover Kingdom's beloved Wizard King.

"I now present to you our king, His Majesty Augustus Kira Clover the 13th and his son, His Highness Augustus Kian Clover the 14th!"

The king walks out proudly, chest puffed out and awaiting his applause, but none came. All he heard was the stifled laughter of a certain someone...

[Name].

❂❂❂

Words: 1022( including A/N's)

Published: October 17th, 2021

Edited:————

ending author's note starting here:

hi guys, it's 12:12 a.m. as i'm writing this and i wanted to say sorry again
and so now what i want to tell you guys is that i'm not giving up on this story until i post the epilogue and i already have it partly done

my discord at the moment is thanksgivinator#5457, but i change it a lot, so pm me if i haven't updated this!

thank you for the support, comments, votes, follows, everything
love you guys<33

-zina