fourteen:

I lay in bed, facing away from Cruz. I study this foreign object on my left ring finger- which will one day be replaced by a even more permanent foreign object. I can't believe I'm engaged. I am going to walk into my highschool reunion hand in hand with my highschool sweetheart. How am I to tell everyone- especially Olivia? She's gonna freak out. I am snapped out of my daydream when two, warm hands wrap around me.

"Good morning, bride to be," he whispers as he plants a featherlight kiss at the base of my neck, which sends shivers down my spine. "Goodmorning. Do you know what day it is?"
"Tuesday?"
"Today's Friday."
"Friday? As in the Friday of the reunion Friday?"
I giggle. "Yes."
He is quiet. I expected him to be shocked or blurt out some cuss words, but he didn't.
"Cruz?"
"Yeah- oh sorry. What did you say?"
I frown. "Nothing. Tyler has a girlfriend. Her name is Cambridge."
"As in the university? Who names their child after an institute?"
"That's her last name. Her first name is Leah. Apparently very beautiful."
"Well good for him. Is he bringing her later?"
"Yeah, he is. How are we going to tell everyone? How are we going to tell Olivia?"
"Don't worry about everyone. I got them all covered, you just have to deal with Olivia. I don't think I'm in her good books."

My phone rings, its on his bedside. He answers.
"Josanna Forman's phone. Husband speaking... No No its not what you think... No I didn't mean- hold for Jo... It's Olivia."
His puts his head in his hands as I laugh and I take the phone from him.
"Livi?"
"YOU BITCH!!! You got married and you didn't even choose to tell me?"
"Olivia-"
"No shutup, I'll be at your hotel in a half hour, bring your outfit for later. You're spending the day with me, sincing you didn't even INVITE ME, you stupid hoe. Be ready Gue- FORMAN."
She cuts the call. "Do you see what you've caused? Now I don't get to see you until later."
He grabs onto me and squeezes me tightly. "Nooo. Don't leave me with those two idiots."
"You'll be fine, now I need to shower otherwise she'll kill us both." I kiss him and get up.
"Well lucky for you, I need a shower too."

He pulls me out of the covers, tosses me over his shoulder and runs into the bathroom.

Cruz carries my dress and shoes as I carry my purse. As we exit the elevator, we se Livi sitting in the lobby. She hasn't changed- a beautiful tan complexion, the perfect hourglass figure and blonde hair and brown highlights- that's been cut in a wave. She's holding a latte in her hand and when she sees us exiting the elevator, she gets up and begins to furiously walk towards us. Cruz stiffens and grabs my hand and I try not to laugh because she is fuming. Olivia and Cruz always had an awkward frienship- when him and I were together, she'd laugh with him and tell him all my dirtiest secrets but when I broke up with him, she lost her cool- right up to the point where she broke his nose and had to get suspended from school for a week.

"What the fuck?!" She yells, as she grabs my hand to look at the ring. It echoes and the few people that were in the lobby turn and direct all their attention on us. "Are you pregnant? Did he make you pregnant? Son of a-"

She charges towards him and I instintively jump infront of him. "Livi. LIVI!! I am not pregnant, neither am I married!"
"Then what the fuck is this?" She grabs my hand to show me the ring on my finger that I am fully aware of. Cruz still stands behind me, clutching my right hand in his left.
"He asked me to marry him last night. I said yes. We're engaged. He was teasing in the morning but clearly he wouldn't have if he took a second to read the contact information."
"Yeah Livi it was just a joke."
"So you're not pregnant?"
"Not what I know of, no."
"Well then congrats, bitches!"
And once again, all eyes are on us. She grabs us and squeezes us before Cruz reprimands her for creasing my dress.
"I'll see you later then, princess." He kisses me.
"Ugh, get a room." Liv says
"Well we have a room, until you pulled her out of it."
"Listen, you little twat, you're gonna have to share a room with her for the rest of your life. So one fucking day wouldn't hurt would it? Now walk away before I give you a reason to." She smiles and winks at him as she grabs my hand.
"Yes ma'am."

The valet brings her car to the entrance, and Cruz lays the dress down neatly and straightens out the creases with his hands. He opens the door for me and kisses me softly. "See you later, I love you," he whispers.

Livi is a crazy driver. She yells at every driver and overtakes them smoothly. We arrive at her house and its beautiful- It has plants and trees and flowers everywhere. He gate is a ahiny emerald green- her favourite colour.
Her house is huge- must be one of the perks of being an only child. Her parents basically raised me. When I was sixteen, they bought me a car, and then I started living in it.

Talk about humble beginnings.

Livi just goes on and on about my wedding- She suggests having it in Sydney and she starts brainstorming the colour theme and my dress and my hair- when it hits me. My company is called Guelas Enterprises. What am I going to do? Change the company name or just say Guelas?
"JO!" She yells. "I asked you a question and it'd be nice if you payed attention to me!" She says, aas she yanks a section of my hair into the curler.
"Sorry, I was dreaming. What did you ask?"
"Are you gonna get a pre-nup?"
I never thought of that. Heck, I haven't thought of anything, everything's seems to be full speed ahead.
Finally, we're both ready. Olivia looks stunning- Her hair is wavy, and her cleavage is deep. She's using a very, shall I say, odd dress- It's a very short, leopard print dress with black stillettos.

I, on the other hand, I'm wearing a plain and simple satin black dress and Cruz wasn't all for it because of the self-tie and the way it set by my boobs, but clearly he didn't see me with the dress on

I, on the other hand, I'm wearing a plain and simple satin black dress and Cruz wasn't all for it because of the self-tie and the way it set by my boobs, but clearly he didn't see me with the dress on. Liv walks into the room after putting on her make-up and she stares at me, in a dissapproving way.
"What? What is it? I know it's a little on the open side but-"
"Shutup. Wait here."
I end up waiting 10 minutes for her to return. She has something behind her back and she instructs me to sit. When I sit on the bed, she instinctively grabs a pair of scissors and cuts the dress up until my thigh; I shreak.

 When I sit on the bed, she instinctively grabs a pair of scissors and cuts the dress up until my thigh; I shreak

"There. Better. Forman is going to love it!"
''He is going to kill me Livi!"
"But it's better access for him, he'll be appeased." She laughs and shoves me as I blush. This girl hasn't changed.