jin guangyao x older brother!reader 🎗࿐

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Some fluff and angst ✨

▶ Male reader :0

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Meng [Y/N] ran up to his younger brother and hugged him tightly. "Don't you ever dare to even think about doing something like that ever again! You hear me?!" He scolded.

Jin Guangyao smiled weakly and hugged his older brother back. "I'm sorry Gege.. It won't happen again.."

[Y/N] pulled away from the hug and held onto the youngers shoulders firmly. "It better not." His gaze darkened and his voice dropped. Jin Guangyao gulped. "I-It won't! I promise!"

[Y/N] dropped his arms. They fell back to his sides as he sighed tiredly. "A-Yao.. You're going to be the death of me.. Getting involved like that! The Wens had done nothing to us.." The 'yet' part was left unsaid.

"Even if they hadn't done anything to us yet that didn't mean that others were not suffering! Gege! Have you seen what they did to the other Clans?! I had to do what I did, otherwise who knows what could have happened!" Jin Guangyao raised his voice, a pleading look in his eyes.

"Do not raise your voice at me, A-Yao." [Y/N] warned. "I and A-Niang taught you better than this! And I do not care what they have done to the other clans! You're my only family! So what if the Wens took over! What matters is that you're safe! We only have each other! Don't you see that?"

Jin Guangyao looked downwards. "Gege..." He looked back up. He stared harshly into his older brothers eyes. "I think maybe.. You should leave.."

[Y/N] should be surprised at his brothers actions but he wasn't. He knew this day would come. He knew that one day his younger brother would grow up and no longer need his protection. No longer need his words of wisdom. No longer need his warnings or his worrying. That he would no longer need him.

"I.. I knew this day would come.." [Y/N] whispered softly. "I knew that there would come a day where you would no longer need me. I knew it was coming but no matter how hard I tried to prepare myself for it... I just could never prepare myself for it truly..." He smiled weakly. "I hope you make the right choices from now on, A-Yao." He softly patted Guangyao's head before turning away and starting down the steps.

Jin Guangyao's eyes widened when he realized what he had just done. His eyes filled with tears as he opened his mouth to call out. To tell his older brother to come back. To tell him that he still needed him. He still needed his kind words, his kind actions.. He still needed his older brother because in the end he was still the younger, foolish, sibling that tried to act mature. But his voice caught in his throat. No matter how hard he tried, all he could do was watch as the older male walked away until he could no longer see his older brother.

Slowly he let his hand fall to his side as tears started to roll down his cheeks.

"Gege.. I still need you.." He cried softly.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Angsttttt

▶ Fun fact - I don't actually have any siblings unless you count my older half sister- So I really don't know how sibling bonds work-

Completed : 9/26/21