various x guardian!reader ⭐࿐

▶ Requested by - @Rani_MK_yt

▶ Slight angst with some fluff???

▶ Gender neutral reader - pronouns being used are they/them

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Look at the cute bird!" Nie Huaisang cooed. 

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes, Jin Ling next to him doing the same thing. Both had their arms crossed over their chests. 

Lan Sizhui nodded, smiling. 

Wei Wuxain grinned. "Yes! Maybe we can eat it!" (Inosuke that you?)

Nie Huaisang gapped at him in horror. 

Lan Wangji gently placed a hand on his lovers shoulder. Wei Wuxian looked up and pouted at the look he received from the Lan. 

"Senoir Wei... Please don't go around eating birds.." Lan Sizhui pleaded. "Its not healthy." Wei Wuxian's shoulders slumped. "Little radish.. h-how could you.." He cried. Lan Wangji gently pulled the black haired male closer to him. 

Jiang Cheng looked away in disgust, muttering "get a room." under his breath. 

"Can we just move on?!" Jin Ling snapped, earning a harsh glare from a certain uncle in purple. He flicked, shrinking under the gaze. 

"Of course, young mistress!" Jingyi said in a mocking tone. An irk mark appeared on Jin Ling's forehead as he glared weakly at the Lan. 

"P-Please no fighting!" Nie Huaisang cried. "L-Lets just g...go!" 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] watched with curious eyes at the noisy cultivators. 

The [H/C] haired guardian was currently in their bird form and were watching the cultivators from up in a tree. 

One of the cultivators spotted them, pointing them out to the rest of the group. No one was really paying attention to the man with the fan but [Y/N] was. They caught the dark, knowing, look from the man. 

[Y/N] let out a soft tweet, as if daring the man to do something. But the man merely turned away earning a huff-can birds even huff?-from the [H/C] bird. 

[Y/N] continued to watch as they eventually walked away, voices fading. 

Even long after, [Y/N] refused to move. Sharp, tiny, [E/C] eyes stayed planted on the spot where the cultivators once were. A piece of paper laid on the soft grass, unmoving. 

When had that been there? 

[Y/N] blinked and softly moved closer to the edge of the branch. They slowly lifted their wings up, tail feathers up too. Before they jumped off, slowly flipping their wings as they made their way down to the ground. 

They landed softly on the grass next to the piece of paper. 

A white light slowly surrounded them until it became blinding. When it faded, a human stood in place of the bird. They had [H/C] hair with [S/C] skin and sharp [E/C] eyes. They bent down and gently picked up the paper. 

[Y/N] kept a straight face while reading the paper. Slowly, when they finished, they tightened their grip on the paper, crumbling it, an irk mark appeared on their forehead. 

'How.. how had he know?!' [Y/N]'s dark energy flared slightly. 'I was sure I was careful when visiting them.. especially him..' 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

✨ Flashback ✨

Ever since 13 years ago, a small [H/C] bird could be seen following Wei Wuxian around. No one noticed the bird, of course. 

They could always be seen somewhere around the male. 

They watched over him. Making sure he used the resentful energy correctly and nothing happened. 

The same bird could also be watching when Lan Wangji came to visit. The bird saw everything. Nothing escaped its sharp little eyes. Nothing. 

Even when Wei Wuxian died, the bird continued to faithfully watch over everyone. Doing yearly visits to everyone. 

The bird was never in one place for long. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Nie Huaisang smiled as the [H/C] feathered bird landed in one of the nearby trees. 

He turned his back and continued to focus on his little bird in the golden cage. 

It seems they had gotten his little note. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ This was the best I could come up with :') 

▶ I hope you enjoy and its not my best, I'm sorry about this 

Completed : 10/2/21