18

^^Zena

Lara and I took the kids to a secure hotel. Lara gave the room a sweep before permitting us inside. The boys were horrified and wrapped themselves in hugs. Zena was appalled at what she just witnessed and Acacia was trying to stay calm.

"So how do I say this?" Lara squatted in front of Zena. "I'm a wanted fugitive." Everyone's eyes widened. "And you can thank your mother for putting me in jail." She winked while I shoved her.

"It's complicated." I gave Lara a glare, but she made kissy faces at me. "There's evidence against your mother for an illegal and-"

"Unethical." Lara smirked while I rolled my eyes.

"The point is that they have stuff that can implicate her." I concluded.

"Are you guilty?" Fin asked.

"That would make for a more interesting story." Lara smirked, causing the boys to become even more frightened. "I believe I'll need a lawyer to answer your question."

"There are people after us and will use you to get to us. We need to move you to a more secure location." I spoke, resulting in Zena sighing. "I'm sorry, little dove. I wish there was another way, but we need to make sure you're safe."

"Cia." Acacia looked at Lara. "Why don't you take Zena to your realm and hide out for a bit? We'll let you know when it's safe."

"What about all my friends and the rest of our family? Aren't they in danger by knowing me?" Zena met my eyes.

"In a normal situation, yes. But they aren't going to go after students at a school. Too many eyes and people will notice if they start to disappear." I locked eyes with Zena. "The group after us is the Supernatural Interpol. They maintain order amongst the different species with an international law. Now, we pissed them off and they're after us."

"How is bringing her to my realm going to be better? Like you said, they're international, so they'll just cross the border and take her." Acacia spoke.

"You would think that." I smirked. "I read all the files on the elusive organization and they'd have to be stealthy. The diplomatic thing would be to speak to your mother and request Zena be handed over. I'm assuming your mother would decline. After that, they can't take her since she'd be seeking asylum in your realm. Now, they'll move to their next phase of forcibly taking her via abduction. I would hope that you'd have enough guards that would raise an alarm if such an attempt is made. The problem is that we don't have many options. We want to quietly move her out of the realm, but don't know where else-"

"The light realm!" Kai suggested while the girls shot him a glare. "Or not."

"I was trying to refrain from getting Adira involved. She has enough on her plate and diffusing demands isn't something she would want." Lara spoke. "If your realm gets invaded, I want you to flee to the light realm. Adira will protect you."

"Unfortunately, the one realm that would definitely dissuade anyone from storming is off limits." Zena sighed as she thought about Addy. "No one would dare willingly enter Hel."

"Unfortunately, it's not an option we have." I sighed. "So... will you?"

"Are you going to tell me anything more?" Zena asked, causing Lara and I to give her tight lipped smiles as we shook our heads. "Ya... because that'd make it impossible for them to get information out of me." She groaned before meeting our eyes. "Okay, but be careful."

"You too." Lara embraced her. "I love you."

"I love you too." Zena buried her face against Lara's chest. "Please don't get hurt. I can't stomach the thought of losing you." Her eyes teared up. "Please come back to me."