25

^^Lara

Lara's POV

The team had a strategy they wished to employ, so I had to wait a few days. It was annoying to sit around and do nothing. Well, I did spend the time pondering how I was to convince Mila that we were mates. Obviously, she'd feel the bond when we locked eyes, but I'm pretty sure she's gonna be in denial. Especially since she'll feel the bond more intensely than me.

I was bored and snuck out of the hideout. I walked back to the city center and found Lech. I entered the club by just flashing my smile at the security guard. Good to know that I still have my vampiric charm. I walked through the club with a mission. It didn't take me long to find Naomi and her siblings. I waited until Naomi walked off to follow her. She entered a private corridor, so I used that opportunity to grab her bicep. She squeaked when I dragged her to her office. I closed the door and placed a silencing spell on the room.

"Who are you?" She sneered.

"Damn, I'm really not notorious if you don't know me." I scoffed. "Lara. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Naomi."

"Who do you think you are to-"

"Lara Sangpure. Vampire. I need information on the Ricci family." She opened her mouth to speak, but I beat her to it. "Your club operates as a place to exchange confidential information. You were flirting with a highly ranked military official. I assume you had innocent reasons, so tell me how to access the compound."

"Why would I help you? Betraying the family-"

"Will end with you dead. That's how the mafia works, babe. So just cut to the chase and tell me any weak spots." I started to become annoyed.

"Why would I-"

"Because I'm demanding you." I stepped to her, making her gulp and step back. "I could easily compel you, but I'm trying to do this in a more respectful way. Don't think I'm against compulsion." I coldly spoke. "So talk."

"I don't-"

"Naomi." My eyes flashed, making her gulp. "Do this for me, please."

"Why would I?" She humorlessly laughed.

"Where I'm from, we know each other quite well. Have a bit of a history and there's a person that is important to us." I looked away. "I need your help."

"I don't know you." She confusingly spoke.

"And I actually think that's for the best." I bitterly smiled. "Are you in a relationship?" Naomi had an offended look. "I'm not trying to pry. Just want to see if you're doing alright."

"I actually am in a relationship." She rolled her eyes. "Your point?" But I smiled instead of getting offended. "Anyways, there's a cavern near the ocean that you can use to enter the compound. The Ricci family generally uses it to sneak out the compound, so be careful not to run into them. They won't hesitate to kill you. They detest vampires." She took a deep breath. "And the vampires can't afford to lose anymore of their people."

"How low are the numbers?"

"In the low thousands." Naomi sympathetically spoke. "The succubi aren't faring much better." She mumbled.

"How bad?"

"A couple hundred." She breathed out. "The werewolves group succubi, wendigo, and vampires together. Claim that we live off humans and thus should be eradicated."

"How are you and your family still alive?" I was genuinely curious.

"Operating this club and informing them of any plans made by the resistance or any group that opposes the family. We also sell out our kind." Naomi regretfully spoke. "We're traitors to our people."