19

^^Jade

My eyes were focused on the screen as I rapidly typed away. I tuned out the noise from the crowd as I scanned the different websites. I glanced up when I heard one of the Apple employees seductively ask Lara if she has any questions. I rolled my eyes since that's the 5th woman who's approached her since we entered the store.

I guess I should be happy since her face is distracting the employees from peering at my screen. I subtly moved to block the screen when I found a tweet about a fight breaking out at Lech. I then did some hacking and found the security feed of the two men. I glimpsed at Lara to see her distracting a few more employees and customers. Guess Apple won't be making any sales today.

I accessed the dark web and used a few tricks to locate a recent feed of Adam Gunning. I then narrowed down the search and found a security video of him at a hotel. I reviewed the video and noticed that he had entered the hotel a couple hours ago.

"I love your accent. Where are you from?" One of the women flirted with her.

I rolled my eyes and cursed myself for telling Lara to allow her natural French accent when speaking. I'm really regretting it since it makes her infinitely hotter and her hotness is immeasurable.

"France." Lara smiled. "How about yourself?"

"I'm from the US. A couple of my friends are here for vaca!" The girl gestured to her friends. "Why are you in Italy?"

"Oh, I'm here for-"

"Her wife." I shut the computer and turned to them. "Let's go, sweetie." I glared at the girl and dragged Lara out the store.

"Slow down, love." Lara chuckled and entwined our fingers. "You look beautiful-"

"Save it." I glared.

"I thought my role was the distraction." Lara swung our arms back and forth. "That is what you've been telling me to do." She gave me a knowing smirk.

"Didn't tell you to flirt." I snarked.

"I was simply answering a question." Lara smiled. "No flirting on my part." She kissed my cheek.

Lara began whispering sweet nothings in my ear. I playfully glared at her as we walked through the mall. She then repeatedly kissed my cheek while I rolled my eyes. I then looked to my left and saw a few men touch their ears as they walked. I then looked to my right and saw some women down the same thing. I then glanced up and noticed a few security cameras.

"Lara, did your gorgeous face smile at some cameras?" I stared at her confused face. "Seems that we have some company, my love." I gestured to the undercover agents scrutinizing the crowds.

"Fuck." Lara whispered.

"Not necessarily." I tightened my hold on her hand.

I gave a fake laugh and flung my head back. I subtly led Lara close to one of the hat vendors. I swiftly stole two hats and placed them on our heads. I then grabbed two sunglasses along with hoodies. Lara and I naturally used the hood to cover our heads. As we approached two agents, I pulled Lara's head close to me and told her to fake laugh. We then laughed while angling our faces away from the agents. I then looked behind us and smiled when they kept walking away.

My eyes were darting around the place to spot more agents. I was able to guide Lara away from them and blend in with the crowd. I then noticed a side exit and dragged Lara behind me. She peered behind her as she followed me into the parking lot. I escorted her to a Honda Civic and looked around. I then expertly unlocked the car door and hot wired it. Lara got in the passenger seat as I drove out the parking lot.