24

^^Lara

Lara's POV

I released an ear spilling scream when the love of my life was sucked into the mirror. I broke Geneve's hold and darted towards the mirror. As I was about to dive inside, Geneve spoke.

"You have 10 seconds before the portal closes forever. If you go after her, say goodbye to your children since I'll hunt them down and take back what's mine. And if you don't go after her, she'll be lost forever. It's up to you now. Who do you pick? Your children or your wife?" Geneve taunted.

"My kids are much stronger than you think." I rapidly typed a message to Lexi and Hailey to tell them to protect my girls. "You're dead when I come back." I then dove into the mirror before it closed.

I looked over my shoulder to see the portal now harden into the sky. My eyes widened as I looked down to see myself free falling. The ground approached much quicker than I thought, so I didn't have time to perform a spell. My breath hitched as my body splattered on the ground. I immediately blacked out.

X

I groaned as I regained consciousness. I saw the pool of blood and my flattened guts surrounding me. I slowly pushed myself up and gripped my side. I used the wall to hold me up as I walked to the entrance of the alley. I looked around the corner to see people strolling. I took a step forward, but fell due to my weakened body. I needed blood and I needed it badly.

I struggled to stand back up, but I did. I hid as I noticed a man heading this way. When he got close enough, I attacked him. Imagine my surprise when he effortlessly threw me off. I flew into the wall with a smack. I groaned and pushed myself up. I wobbled as the man stared at me in disgust. His eyes glowed and fangs fully extended and claws... claws? Fuck, he's a werewolf. Oh, well.

The man dropped his briefcase and darted at me. I moved out of the way and slipped behind him. I wrapped my arms around him in an effort to crunch his neck, but the man suspected that. He backed me into a wall, making me wince. I decided to quickly strike his neck. The man flinched and was about to scream, but I clamped my hand over his mouth. He threw me off, but I had the strength I needed. I sped back to him and easily killed him. I then drained the rest of his blood. When I pulled back, I released a content sigh. I dragged his body into a dumpster.

I jogged to the alley and was about to step onto the sidewalk, but I stopped. I decided to sniff the air and the smell shocked me. I was mainly surrounded by werewolves. I quickly did a spell to mask my scent or that I was a vampire. I strolled down the streets and observed the werewolves. I know in Italy there are a ton of werewolves, but this place resembled my home. I quickly noticed the Eiffel Tower and deduced I was in France. Why were so many wolves freely sauntering around France? Yes, more moved after Alec took over, but not enough to practically infect the country.

I spotted humans and other supernaturals, but no vampires. What's going on in this paradoxical realm? As I approached the tower, a newsstand caught my eye. I made sure he wasn't paying attention when I swiped a paper. My eyes widened at the headline: Ricci Family Greater Than god.

As I skimmed more of the paper, I quickly realized that the Ricci family dominated the entire world. They continued their mafia antics from my realm and forced everyone into line. Obviously, the newspaper didn't say anything about that. The newspaper only stroked their egos, making me realize this was mere propaganda. I then squinted again and realized the newspaper was in Italian. I turned around and read the different names of the restaurants and realized they were all in Italian. I passed a restaurant and smelled that the food was Italian.

Okay, so they dominated the world and brought their imperialistic ideas to dominate every nation. At least, that's what I assume. Based on the Italian, I can deduce that they are still residing in Italy. I absentmindedly gripped the paper. I forgot I was holding it, so I decided to read the rest. My breath hitched at seeing the article about alerting the authorities if finding any vampires. And there's a hefty reward for capturing or delivering a vampire to the authorities.