Take your aim N.R

Your POV
This was embarrassing, a SHIELD agent not being able to fire a gun. What's more, I was scoring at the top of my class but I am useless on the field. I just stood there with my gun raised but not being able to pull the trigger.

I can fucking shoot the bullet through the bullet hole but I am unable to shoot the enemy. Why am I so fucking useless?

Flashback

I was on a mission as per usual, but things went wrong and the fight was brought to the streets. Everyone scrambled around trying to get to safety but this led to people pushing each other, pulling another down just so they could get out first.

In the midst of chaos, he managed to grab a hostage to bring the game in his favour. I recognised who it was the moment I raised my gun at him.

"Let him go..." I seethed.

"Sis... help..."

"Oh... this is your brother? This made it all the more interesting." The Hydra agent started to hide his entire body behind my brother. Taunting me by moving in and out, making it harder for me to aim at him.

It was not helping when my team leader was rushing at me to get the job done.

"Don't move." I tightened my grip as I saw them trying to get away.

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Sis..."

"Just take the shot!" Your team leader screamed at you through your comms. You clenched your jaw and pulled the trigger. The Hydra agent ended up getting away while my brother dropped to the floor.

"Y/B/N!" I rushed to his side. Thankfully, I didn't hit any fatal places and he was only shot in his leg.

"Sis... it hurts..."

"You're okay, you're okay. I'm going to send you to the hospital. You're going to be fine."

Flashback end

Because the Hydra agent that I was supposed to capture alive got away, I got reprimanded and ended up being demoted down from a level 7 agent to a level 6 agent.

Ever since that day, I haven't been able to shoot anyone, good or bad, without seeing the pain my brother had on his face. I spent a lot of time in the shooting range, trying to improve my skills. And it did, whenever it came to the accuracy test, I would be at the top. But I didn't manage to transfer the skills to the field.

Maria noticed this and reported it to Fury, who ended up deploying on me more recon missions that avoid combat than extraction missions. Not that I would have complained because I too, think I am not ready for it and may never will.

"I figured you'd be here." A voice sounded through the range, bringing me out of my daze.

"Hi Nat." I placed the gun on safety and took out the magazine before placing them on the shelf. Logging in the time I spend in this room, if you were to see the records, my name will be filled for the majority of it.

"I came to get you for a mission."

"A mission? What mission?" I turned to face her. Natasha almost never gets sent to a recon mission ever since she became an Avenger.

"I chose you to be my partner."

"But Fury never allows us to be together on a mission." I said as I started to pack my stuff.

"Oh come on... you know who your girlfriend is."

"That I know very well." Our hips were attached to each other as we walked towards the quinjet. Natasha had already packed everything needed and she only needed to get me so we were headed straight for our destination.