Chapter 54- Jibril

Dreams can fly- Khalil

Mum and I watch my dad lie still on his bed. The doctor finishes up with the checkup and turns to us.

"He's fine now but his blood pressure is still high. He must take his drugs at the right time and should not be stressed, no matter what," she warns us. Mummy nods emphatically.

"Thank you doctor, Monica will see you out," she nods at our maid. The moment the doctor is out of the door mummy turns to me.

"Those people will pay with their blood," she growls.

"Mummy," I warn. Those people include Salma and as much as I hate what they did I know she wasn't a part of it. She even tried to warn me. As if reading my mind mummy continues.

"Do you know where Salma is right now? She's back in Saudi, her parents have fixed her marriage with another poor family," she scuffs.

"Is she actually getting married? Or just betrothed?"

"Betrothed but does it really matter? She's been paired with someone else. That family waltzed into our lives and stabbed us right at our backs. They took our money, our business and our pride. Promise me something," her voice turns grave.

"Anything," I say automatically.

"You will ruin them just like they've tried to ruin us. You will crush each and everyone of them, starting with Hakeem."

I lift my head up, my eyes falling on my father in front of me. My once lively and strong father, confined to the bed because of a stroke that they caused.

"I promise you mum. That I will ruin each and every one of them." I hear the hatred dripping from each word and boy do I love it. This hate I will transfer to them, when the time is right. Mummy places a hand over mine and squeezes tight. We're the only hope dad has and we're going to succeed. I'll make sure of it.