第五章

The Banquet came faster than expected Ruyi, however, was not sombre and recovering from the cold palace now she wanted to start the game of vengeance

The Banquet came faster than expected Ruyi, however, was not sombre and recovering from the cold palace now she wanted to start the game of vengeance. She had woken early before sunrise to drink the medicine she had made to recover from all the poisons and dangers of ancient China. Her life before had taught her all she needed to know to counteract the methods used in the imperial harem including the illness that killed her in her first life.

She drank it slowly allowing her body to absorb every drop before she made her way into the bath, Suoxin was as usual always ready to assist her mistress, but this time Ruyi had a job for her little maid. The maid had gone to send a secret letter to her mistress's family. Leaving Ruyi to pour her powder mixture into the hot water before she sat inside the bath and smirked. Today it would be A'rou but tomorrow that woman would lose her closet ally.

By the time Suoxin entered the room, she noticed her mistress staring blankly at the ceiling the water was a strange colour, but she said nothing as her mistress was clean and smelt good. As she helped her mistress up, she realized her mistress was soaking in medicinal herbs and plum powder. Had something happened or was the mistress trying to make herself more appealing to the Emperor?

Ruyi allowed her attendants to care for her up until it came to her jewellery, she carefully picked each piece, ignoring those she had brought and using only the ones Hongli had given her, Jia was skilled at monopolizing the Emperor's time but she would use skills the woman could never imagine to get him.

As she finished dressing herself, she turned to look at Suoxin "It is the Welcome Spring Banquet today take the poem I wrote and have it delivered to the Emperor after the banquet" In the next few hours Ruyi would prepare carefully all her plans.

Only when Suoxin left did she open the letter that had been delivered, the emperor looked for all the obvious letters but never the messages hidden in clothing or jewellery. Her mother had sent her a new set of nail guards as a welcome spring gift. Inside the guards, however, was the letter.

'Ula- Nara clan has heard your request and will try our best to honour it' It wasn't in her mother's handwriting but her brother's who most likely worried over the battles of the harem. She needed to get Ling Yunche into a safe position before she moved forward and as both his parents were gone, she knew exactly what to do.

Without a second thought, she burned the letter and leaned back she wondered if the Empress was brave enough to truly fight her this time, she would lose all her children they would be no living children from the Fuca woman who would live.

When Suoxin returned Ruyi smiled it was time for the banquet, taking Suoxin's hand she slowly made her way to the Hall of Mental Cultivation as they entered Hailan give Ruyi a knowing glance. Those women did not know that Hailan was a tigress waiting to strike.

When the Emperor presented them with the pearls Ruyi smiled softly before glancing at Hongli whose eyes met hers it was for a moment, but she saw the promise of vengeance in his eyes as he glanced down. So that time in her first life he really did intend to avenge her.