第二十八章

Her ascension to Empress this time was different, Hailan and Jingse carefully dressed her with smiling eyes and wide grins

Her ascension to Empress this time was different, Hailan and Jingse carefully dressed her with smiling eyes and wide grins. Her hair was styled carefully, and a large crown was placed on her head. Two women stood watching while holding her children. Both children were dressed in red silk garments with golden embroidery forming a dragon and phoenix intertwined. The Emperor was very clear about how all her children would be seen as legitimate children of his first and only true Empress.

The Fuca clan woman had been wiped from history as the Empress and was instead a random concubine who died quietly without favour. Ruyi would be standing beside the Emperor as his only recorded Empress. Hailan and Jingse watched as Ruyi turned and faced them both women got on their knees and gave her the national bow. "Get on up" was all she said while smiling softly at them.

Ruyi watched as they left the room and waited patiently for the decree to arrive. In that time she thought about the differences between her first life and her third. She had given birth to three children in this life successfully and without issue. She would go down in history as the favourite of the Emperor his true Empress this he could never replace. She had removed Langhua and her pets. And Ling Pin had no power or favouritism. However now she had to keep on her guard as the court would be watching for any weakness to push their daughters into her seat.

When the ceremonial procession was about to start Ruyi walked out of the palace and stood waiting with Rongpei kneeling behind her. The group marched into her courtyard and set up the symbol of the Emperor. "Worship" Ruyi stepped forward and walked over to the cushion she waited a few seconds before the matron spoke "Kneel". She moved with grace and the matron admired how regal the woman looked as she kneeled.

Then the Proclamation was read "My central palace has been suspending for a long time. Imperial Noble Consort of Ula-Nara clan. Graced with nobility and blessed with virtues. Since her entrance to the Prince's Manor, she's shown expertise in house-managing. With mercy of blessing from the Empress Dowager, By the gold books, set as Empress. Signed personally by the Emperor. Receive your book.

A matron picked up the large wood plaque filled and framed in gold and kneeled as she handed it over to Ruyi. With careful hands, Ruyi handed the book over to her own court lady who placed it carefully on the table near her. "Proclamation of treasure. The Treasure of Empress. A large golden box was passed across unto the table before Ruyi spoke.

"I bow thank Your Majesty's royal grace". She bowed as the woman declared "Carry out the six rituals of three bows and three kneels". Ruyi followed through without pause and finally stood up turning to Li Yu "His Majesty personally set the second of August as the day of you are Empress. This is a good day".

A soft flush covered her cheeks "When I joined the prince manor, it was also the second of August." Li Yu smiled happily before finally speaking "May Empress proceed to Taihe Hall." Now it began Ruyi in full court apparel began her trek to Taihe Hall as the ceremonial music played and the procession began. The senior court ladies behind her had all been good friends of her mother and each supported her with smiles. The first time she did this walk she was unsure and nervous but now she felt confident and determined. Taihe Hall was full of officials their wives and the imperial consorts. Priests and musicians played music and whipped away spirits as she walked to the emperor.

Making her way up the stairs she kept her eyes on the Emperor while the other consorts watched on with differing expressions. Jingse and Hailan stood with soft smiles as she neared the Emperor. Close enough to the base of where the Emperor stood Ruyi kneeled "I, Ula-Nara, by the Emperor's royal grace, ascend as Central Palace. I vow to uphold my highest to manage the harem. I bow to thank Your Majesty's royal grace. As she bowed Ling Pin looked on with dark eyes.

Then she walked up to the Emperor who walked over and offered his hand which she took before the two walked back to the centre of the staircase. Both had bright smiles. Both remembered the differences between their first life and now and were genuinely happy to be husband and wife again.

Prince, He looked on with a smile "Congratulations to Your Majesty and Your Highness. Upon the soaring of the phoenix and the cry of bells, the bliss of heaven and eternal harmony of hearts." A eunuch waited until the blessing was finished before shouting "Kneel".

Now Ruyi raised her head a bit and silently prayed for protection "Long live Your Majesty ten thousand years. Long live Empress a thousand years" As the bows were carried out the couple smiled while sharing a secret glance finally, they could rule together. "Emperor and Empress join and all things flourish.

The ceremonies were long and full of pomp and well wishes so when Ruyi was changed into a red gown and given a veil she smiled and followed through this wedding night would be different. The rising of the veil and the smile of the court ladies made the couple feel like children. As their aunts and cousins teased them with the thoughts of children, they both glanced and waited for everyone to leave.

The couple happily got ready together and exchanged soft kisses, a few hours passed as the two started to get frisky and clothes and jewels were carefully but hastily removed. They were both tired but never that tired. She did not dream of her aunt that night instead she dreamt of happy moments and woke up with a smile on her face.

Without Jia, she was looking forward to morning greetings and she immediately began to treat her people "Chun Gui Fei, I have here a coral brush rack and one Huzhou brush. Yongrong is currently practising how to write. Take it back with you later." The older woman smiled and thanked her before her eyes fell on Imperial Concubine Ling and she immediately decided to deal with the problem before Ruyi had to.