第十五章

Jingsi walked into the Empress Dowager's palace

Jingsi walked into the Empress Dowager's palace. One of the servant girls guided her to see the woman. As she entered and bowed, the Empress Dowager stared at her something was wrong with how the princess carried herself it was familiar but not the way of the current Empress. The two women sat in silence before Jingsi said, "huᾲngzǔmǔ, you were previously an imperial consort. 

How would you feel if the huánghòu stopped you from conceiving". The Empress Dowager placed her tea down and looked at Jingsi. "In those years, the second empress was responsible for losing my child; I have never condoned the murder of children. I have also never condoned messing with the growth of the Imperial household. Why?"

Jingsi placed a bracelet on the table. "These bracelets were gifted to First Class attendant Gao and Mother Xian by Royal Mother when they first entered the harem as the Second madams inside of both were great basil seeds in the bracelets preventing both from conceiving. Mother Xian found out and emptied her bracelet to avoid suspicion, but First-Class Attendant Gao died before she could find out".

The Empress Dowager frowned and glared at the bracelet. "So the Empress has so many devious plans, does she?" the Empress Dowager turned and pointed to one of her maids. "Summon the Empress" She turned to Jingsi. "You may leave" Jingsi nodded and rose to her feet before slowly leaving the Empress' palace. Only after seeing her back did Empress Dowager realise that Jingsi reminded her of "Xian Gui Fei has been doing a good job taking care of the princess's education."

As they waited on Empress, Empress Dowager shared a look with her personal attendant, who seemed to be a bit annoyed. When the Empress entered the room, the two shared one last look before She spoke, "Huánghòu, you are the Master of the six palaces. As such, you are supposed to ensure the continuation of the imperial family and ensure that more heirs are produced, yet you have failed that duty with your schemes"

She watched as the woman paled before she tried to refuse the accusation, only for the woman to scoff, "Kneel outside until I tell you to get up", seeing as the Empress was not favoured. The Empress Dowager had more political power, and the Emperor ignored the woman so she would not suffer any backlash.

She watched as the woman kneeled outside in the hot sun, she remembered what it did to her but did not care if she had the wickedness in her soul to kill children and to take that gift from others while she would not miscarry she was well aware that the Empress was still ill and was not recovering well.

Three hours had passed since the Empress started kneeling. The news of her punishment had reached the Emperor, who immediately left court when he was informed, telling his ministers to stay. As the man rushed over, Ruyi and a Halian started their own plan. The Empress would be severally dehydrated and ill; her pregnancy had been very unstable, so pox spreading through the palace would be perfect.

Luckily thanks to Jia's knowledge, she already told Mei Pin about what had happened to her child, her version of course. Of course, Jia was not aware that Moxin, for vengeance, had done Ruyi a favour and given her another contaminated item. Ruyi, through one of her spies, had used the cloth to contaminate the Empress's sheets and quilt. After the spy finished the job, the woman who had now gotten her revenge for the death of her mistress years before immediately left and took her own life.

Ruyi paid for her burial and for a large amount of paper money to be burned. Imperial Noble Consort Zhemin would no longer be alone. Ruyi and Hailan quickly organised a meal with Mei Pin and began their manipulation.

"Mei Pin, I don't blame you for what happened back then; I understand your pain", Ruyi spoke as she carefully peeled her mandarin. Mei Pin did look a bit ashamed at the reminder that she never properly apologized, but Ruyi continued to speak "However, there is something you don't know about your child's death; while A'rou and attendant Gao had their hands in it, the Empress planned and ordered it" Hailan then took this time to sigh and turned to them "No wonder Empress Dowager is punishing her she put contraception in your jewellery Jiejie, poisoned the others and attempted to kill many others now she is getting her son and joy"

The three women sat in the room, two with red-rimmed eyes and tears and one with vengeance and anger. Mei Pin had been fully convinced now that the Empress had done evil and was the reason for all the deaths. If that child survived, she would kill it. Ruyi gave a watery smile and swallowed her mandarin. "At least Jingsi is a good and honest child, discarded by her mother because she was born a girl; I enjoy her company".

Mei Pin heard that and mentally kept that in mind, so Xian Gui Fei took care of the child, and it seemed like the girl was not her mother, then she would not use the princess.

____

When the Empress saw her husband, she thought he would stop her punishment; only he didn't. He stood speaking to the Empress Dowager, and for another hour, she suffered before everything went black, and Lianxian screamed. The Empress was rushed to her room and tucked into bed as the Imperial Physician cared for her, and then he declared that now it was official the Empress would not be able to have another child.

None of her attendants knew that she was lying in a bed that would make her so ill that she would not be able to be with her son in his last moments.