第二十七章

Jingse had been home for two wonderful months when Ruyi went into labour, unlike the first time it was a bloody mess

Jingse had been home for two wonderful months when Ruyi went into labour, unlike the first time it was a bloody mess. Ruyi's screams filled her palace while the Emperor kneeled and prayed for all three of them to make it through this safely. Jingse was beside her father as he begged the ancestors while she begged the gods both were pleading with tears in their eyes.

The Empress Dowager sat glaring at the Imperial Physicians as they ran to and fro trying to stop the bleeding when a loud cry was heard it took a few more minutes before another loud cry was heard and the Empress Dowager relaxed a bit. Yu Gui Fei walked out from near the birthing bed with a bright smile before turning to Li Yu "Jiejie has safely birthed Dragon/Pheonix twins" The eunuch had tears in his eyes as he dashed off to share the good news.

The Empress dowager smiled brightly as the cleaned babes were brought out while they helped the Imperial Noble consort. Ruyi was in pain but quite happy as she stared at her children. She gently placed a soft kiss on their heads before turning to her mother-in-law and smiling "Thanking tàihòu for her grace". The woman smiled and nodded at the girl even in pain she maintained proper etiquette.

Before anyone else to speak both the Emperor and Princess rushed in both looked relieved and joyous before walking over to Ruyi and the babies. The emperor picked up the older twin who was sleeping. The emperor laughed when the babe immediately woke up and reached for her brother. The Emperor laughed and glanced at Jingse "She cares more for her brother than her royal father" The princess smiled and held her baby brother close to her chest.

"She looks like Ruyi" As the Empress Dowager whispered these words the Emperor nodded and spoke her mother is elegant and beautiful, she is the daughter of a true phoenix so she shall be called "FengXiu" he then wrote the symbol for her name 凤秀 Ruyi smiled " Beautiful Pheonix of outstanding elegance nice name" she glanced at Jingse who was smiling widely as she now placed her brother in her father's arms "His eyes are bright and his face smooth he is handsome" The emperor looked down at his son and smiled widely.

"LongYi" he then formed the symbols for his son's name 龙义 Ruyi glanced at the emperor and smiled "Dragon of Justice and Righteousness" It was clear that this name had a strong meaning. Jingsi smiled widely. The Empress dowager just sighed those children would have to live up to such outstanding names, yet something told her that any other children Ruyi would bear would have heavy names. The young prince and princess were then taken by their nursemaids under careful watch.

Ruyi now allowed her body to fall back into bed she was drained but pleased. She turned her eyes to the Emperor who gazed at her with love and affection. A kiss was pressed to her head before the man left her to rest. Ruyi glanced over to Hailan and Consort Shu who had been patiently waiting for her to safely deliver.

She gave them a large smile and glanced at their rounded bellies "Another prince and princess to bear those heavy names will come soon" Hailan glanced at YiHuan who laughed as if those heavy names would not fall on their children when she suddenly stiffened and looked down. Hailan herself also looked down at the puddle and Ruyi started laughing loudly while calling for Rong Pei "Someone help Yu Gui Fei and Shu Fei are giving birth".

Alongside the Dragon Pheonix twins of the Imperial Noble Consort, Princess ZhiYan 智雁 was born to Yu GuiFei and early the next morning Prince He Jun Wu 鹤俊武 was born to Shu Fei. While the Emperor was pleased with his newest children the women of the harem were all filled with fury. Dragon/Phoenix Twins were blessings, so their outstanding names did not bother anyone. 

However, Yu Gui Fei's daughter her meaning was clear wise and intelligent wild goose. Who did not know that a wild goose was a symbol of loyalty integrity and love something carried down from the Jin dynasty? Anyone who heard the princess's name would know what the Emperor was saying they were the same words used by the emperor to describe Yu Guifei in her promotion to Gui Fei "Yu Gui Fei is loyal wise and intelligent she carries herself with integrity and is loved dearly by Zhen and Huang Gui Fei"

The Emperor was now saying that this daughter was beloved and would carry the same values as her mother. Yu Gui Fei who came from no important house had a daughter who was more respected than them. Then there was Consort Shu's son his name like the others had a heavy meaning Crane, handsome, martial. It took them a few minutes to understand until they wrote the symbols for his name.

Cranes symbolized immortality while the symbols used for Jun meant talented and handsome while Wu meant martial. Why were these women so favoured that their children carried such titular names of honour? However many kept their anger to themselves once they remembered that with these women giving birth the Emperor would have to visit them.

Imperial Concubine Ling suddenly got a rather devious idea and decided that she needed favour she would be using Chun Gui Fei to attain it but who cared it's not like anyone remembered the woman for her talents.

Unfortunately for many of the concubines with Ruyi no longer pregnant the Emperor threw himself into preparing her crowning ceremony to officially have her as Empress. And if the court suddenly decided to pressure the Emperor about the phoenix seat still being empty a day after all four births were announced that was a complete coincidence. 

After all Li Yunche had not meant to send a letter to his new family head informing him of the auspicious signs that his sister needed to be Empress. After all Dragon/Pheonix twins were rare and the fact that the woman who had done so was managing all harem matters since the death of Prince Yongcong was just an interesting tidbit that not many knew of.

It was all just coincidental accidents.