第二十一章

It was chaos on the day of the princess's wedding, Ruyi stood and helped her daughter get dressed while reinforcing her teachings

It was chaos on the day of the princess's wedding, Ruyi stood and helped her daughter get dressed while reinforcing her teachings. "You will always have a home here" was the last thing she said before she stepped away and smiled "You are ready" Hailan stood and gave Jingse a smile she looked at the girl and gave her a grin "Remember to write my dear" the princess gazed at the two women and hugged them before stepping back.

"It's time for you to get ready Royal Mother, Mother Yu" The two women smiled and left the palace, Ruyi was quickly guided into her palace where she was dressed and adored as was suited for her position. What she didn't expect was the Emperor to be outside her palace, the man turned and stretched out his hand.

"Shall we my Empress" Ruyi smiled and took his hand. The two waited at the hall in full regalia as the couple approached, Ruyi glanced at her son-in-law, he was handsome and followed protocol an upright man. She glanced at Jingse who gave her a nod indicating that she was pleased with her husband's physical features. The two began to kowtow, she watched as they bowed and promises given. She stared at them she wanted to walk over but she stayed firm knowing that if she gave in so would the Emperor.

Jingse gave her final bow, The veil blocked her eyes from them, but Ruyi knew that her daughter was crying. She smiled and mouthed "Keep your head up, and remember you have a home here" There was a small nod before she entered the carriage her now husband gave a proper bow and then carefully got on his horse.

They watched as the procession left, Ruyi slowly moved as if to follow it the Emperor moving beside her the couple watched as they exited. Tears ran down Ruyi's face and the emperor gently wiped them away before placing a soft kiss on her lips. "She will visit us; they will be happy, and we will have a grandchild to dote on" As he said those words Ruyi chuckled and the two walked back to her palace. 

Several of the maids and eunuchs glanced at the couple and smiled softly. the Imperial couple walked side by side their hands interlocked. There was a comfortable silence as they walked together. Many of the staff in the Imperial Palace preferred the Imperial Noble Consort to the other women in the harem she was kind and noble. Constantly polite to them they were happy to see her happy and thriving. Several maids sighed when they noticed Consort Jia watching on with angry eyes. Many felt sympathy for the workers in Qixiang Palace, but they said nothing.

Jin Yuyan was furious as she rushed into her palace her eyes red with fury as she dashed an antique across the room "That vixen, she has the emperor wrapped around her fingers" Her maids flinched as the loud crash reminded them that they were trapped with the most vicious imperial consort in the forbidden palace.

As Jia ranted and screamed, they pressed themselves against the palace walls hoping that they would be ignored and forgotten. Some of these women were lucky others were not, the replacement of maids in Qixiang Palace the next morning would be noted but ignored.

Ruyi just smiled and prepared money for the families of the young girls, They would be burying their daughters but now the ministers had reason to push for her removal from Empress candidacy. Really a few of her allied countrymen pushed for her to be named Empress they had even tried to do a candidacy list she never knew that the woman would spoil it for herself.

Jingse had married and the woman once called the Empress was dead not that anyone remembered as she had taken up the Empress duties for about a year and more now. Hailan was pregnant again and she was equally as blessed.

The Master was coming to the palace just as before Ruyi could not help but wonder what their scheme would be now after all the pregnant Imperial Noble Consort could not be around the master. Unfortunately, Ruyi would find out these women were stupid and could not change their plans even when it made very little sense. Ruyi however wanted to prevent one thing she glanced at the maids in her palace and an idea came to her. She called the girl over and whispered in her ear the maid nodded and ran off on her errand. When you had power and favour you should use it as insurance to protect you and your people something she would be doing often.

The Emperor however just looked at the work in front of him and an idea came to mind. He wondered if Jia would be able to put her plan in place if someone exposed her right before she could do it.