第九章

She was in pain, everything hurt, and the room was silent had she died again, and this time woke up in hell? Opening her eyes, she was Ruyi leaning against her bed eyes closed "Jiejie" she whispered her throat burned as she swallowed Ruyi's eyes q...

She was in pain, everything hurt, and the room was silent had she died again, and this time woke up in hell? Opening her eyes, she was Ruyi leaning against her bed eyes closed "Jiejie" she whispered her throat burned as she swallowed Ruyi's eyes quickly fluttered open and she sat up "Hailan, you're awake, does it still hurt" She remembered now she had given birth. "Yes" she couldn't help but wish that this time had the pain relief of the 20th century as she looked around the room "Where is the child?"

Ruyi smiled as she brought the blanket up to keep out the cold "He's asleep. I will carry him here for you to look at him when he's awake". Even though she knew he was okay she still felt the strong need to ask "Is he okay? Is he healthy?" Ruyi instead of speaking gave her a knowing look and a bright smile before nodding. She calmed down and watched as Ruyi gave Yexin instructions this time she did not ask about her new status and instead took Ruyi's hand.

"We will all survive Jiejie "Something in Hailan's eyes reminded Ruyi of the threats to them and how soon Consort Ling's presence in the Imperial harem would appear, they did not need her to gain power removing her now would be for the best and Ling Yunche would need to be sent to the Mulan grounds eventually but how?

Ruyi frowned and leaned back before looking at Hailan "The cream is here Yexin will apply it for you every day" The unspoken question between the two women still existed, Wei Yanwan could not become a consort but that did not mean she could not be given to someone. Turning to Hailan she had a thought "Wei Yanwan can you add her to your service" Hailan paused and nodded understanding exactly what Ruyi wanted "Yes Jiejie can hand select and gift her to me" Ruyi smiled and rose to her feet leaving the room to deal with it.

Yexin rushed back in and gave Hailan the medicine standing by and watching her mistress eat it before gently uncovering her and opening her clothing, pulling out the cream Ruyi gave them and evenly applying it while ensuring that the applied cream was thick. Noble Consort Xian had been quite clear about the medication and why it was needed. She refused to let that Jia woman harm her mistress and was thankful for the Noble Consorts' help.

____

Ruyi made her way to the gardens with a smile luckily Li Yu was there talking with another eunuch before "Li Yu" Immediately the two men spun around and bowed "Greetings to her highness Noble Consort Xian" Ruyi smiled and held back from rolling her eyes "Get on up" as the two rose the other eunuch quickly walked away far enough not to hear but close enough to observe.

"Li Yu Imperial Concubine Yu just woke up and is in need of two more maids I would like to gift her one in particular a little flower maid named Wei Yanwan" Li Yu caught on quickly and nodded before bowing and dashing off. Ruyi however stayed in the gardens and admired the blossoms. Souxin trailed behind her with a smile and held an umbrella over her mistress's head. While Ruyi spoke to Li Yu she had noticed the other Eunuch and saw how he observed the interaction.

"Niangniang the eunuch was watching" Ruyi turned and glanced at the man he looked familiar this was the eunuch who helped Consort Ling in her past why was he here? "Do you have a mistress?" she asked as the man now bowed, she could see him shaking in fear as he shook his head.

 A smile appeared on her face "Then should I ask Li Yu to take you under his wing and train you to assist the Emperor" her words soft but firm the bowing man shook his head "This servant thanks Xia gui fei but this servant is not deserving" Ruyi smiled "Humility and intelligence will help you go far in the Forbidden City remember those words well"

After she turned and walked away the stunned eunuch looked after her as she and her maid left the gardens so that was the esteemed Noble Consort Xian, the favourite of the emperor. Now he knew why, and he could not help but admire the woman. 

Unknown to many Ruyi was making all the moves necessary to survive she cared about no person other than her children and Hailan right now. She loved the Emperor but he did not need her protection. Glancing at her wrist she had thought having a child right now would be ideal.

Li Yu rushed to the Emperor's palace as he approached the Emperor he bowed and looked at the man who looked frustrated. "Huángsháng Xian gui fei asked for Wei Yanwan to be given to Imperial Concubine Yu on her behalf" The Emperor frowned before leaning back into his chair anger in his eyes before he remembered the woman who became consort Ling had not really gone down that path yet.

"Allow it"

Li Yu nodded and went to do his job maybe this would hopefully prevent the abuse the young girl suffered at Jia's hands. This was going to be a long day. He stopped in front of another eunuch and had a thought "Huángsháng will be staying with Xian Gui fei tonight "The eunuch nodded and went to report it to the right people.

As he followed out his instructions, Ruyi sat in Yikun Palace her eyes on the bracelet the empress deserved some punishment, but she would not address it instead she would ensure that that woman was properly threatened. Looking at the medicine she had Jiang Yubin make she smiled and drank it. She had to drink three more bowls before she tonight luckily she was prepared.

_____

Hongli watched Yikun Palace as he entered the other servants seemed quite scarce tonight as he entered, he noticed Ruyi standing in the middle of the room her waist moved in rhythmic movements occasionally she dipped down to the floor as she turned her eyes widened "Huángsháng" she immediately bowed only for him to stop her.

"My Ruyi moves like the waves of the ocean fluid and serene" he mumbled as he placed a kiss on her lips. His hands squeezed her waist as he gently nudged her towards the bed, as they collapsed in a tangled pile of limbs the candlelight was blown out. Souxin stood outside guarding with a flushed expression on her face she had no idea her mistress or the Emperor could be so passionate and make so many sounds. She glanced at Li Yu who was scarlet red before softly laughing at least she was not the only one.