第六章

Imperial Noble Consort Hui sat in her room in shock her father had been arrested and then swiftly beheaded and her clan had turned their back on her without no more sons, her sister had married a man of the Ula-Nara clan and he took up their clan's honour and positions. 

The emperor had allowed her family to be absorbed into another and to shed the name, Gao. This meant she had no support or any backers to rely upon what was she going to do now? Suddenly the doors were slammed open, and the Imperial guards came in with Li Yu behind them.

" The emperor has decreed that Imperial Noble Consort Hui is craving of power, unjust and vicious she who dares to murder imperial heirs and frame others while living peacefully has been demoted to first-class attendant Gao and is to be confined to the palace till the end of her days".

She stumbled backwards and fell to the ground how could this happen she had been a close attendant to the emperor and a good wife how could he do this to her? Before she could ask anything Ruyi entered the room with Imperial Concubine Yu, as the two entered Li Yu and the guards walked out as the two sat in front of her.

The woman glared hatefully at Noble Consort Xian knowing that she had something to do with this only for Yu pin to let out a small laugh "Jiejie it seems that First class attendant Gao did not know that she caused her own downfall" Ruyi glanced at Hailan with a small but visible smile. "We entered the manor at the same time. I only wanted to continue the love between Hongli and me you however grew resentful and jealous, if you were wise, you would have realised that the people helping you were your enemies".

Ruyi reached over and took the bracelet off the fallen woman's wrist "A gift when we entered however inside of them was basil seeds a contraceptive that we unknowingly wore" The look of horror on the woman's face when Ruyi opened it and exposed the beads amused Hailan greatly.

Did she really think the harem was filled with simple women few in this place had true friendships what she and Ruyi had was rare and they had been blessed with a second chance, but these women had all forgotten that the end goal for these women was power. Luckily the Gao clan woman would not get to ever see such power as now both women were aware that the Empress Dowager had already poisoned this woman as her final revenge.

Ruyi stared at the woman with cold unfeeling eyes "Your clan has fallen and mine has risen and grown in power, however, we do not lust to become the dragon instead we desire to constantly support the person sitting on the dragon seat".

Unknown to the women the emperor stood listening outside the door, a pleased smile on his face it seemed that out of all his women Ruyi and Imperial Concubine Yu were loyal supporters that truly did not care for power. However, that smile faded when he remembered the words Ruyi spoke earlier so the Empress was the reason he and his beloved had no children.

He was about to enter when he heard a sentence that shocked him "Did you think I was not aware of the schemes you and the Empress had while you may have gotten A'rou to do your dirty work I knew the truth, Or how you bullied Hailan I won't forget the evils you have done to me however for the sake of your dying soul you should confess your wrongs"

The emperor stepped back and silently left Ruyi's words stuck in his head she had suffered at the hands of the Empress that he could not punish the anger in his heart towards the Empress did not decrease and instead grew stronger.

Ruyi and Hailan left the fallen women in her palace before slowly making their way to the garden to their surprise a young but familiar flower maid was there. The young girl was full of innocence as she and Ling Yunche spoke now was Ruyi's chance.

"There you are" the two swirled around and quickly bowed but Ruyi only smiled Hailan nodded at them she held no grudge against the man however the young girl she hated. "I was unable to get you on our service but here is some extra silver, I also requested that they treat you nicely" Wei Yanwan smiled and bowed while Noble Consort Xian did not get her, she still managed to help her more than anyone else.

She glanced at Noble lady Hai who gives her a soft and understanding smile, she had heard that the Noble lady did not want to be in the harem but was drugged alongside the emperor. Her loyalty however seemed to be to Xian guifei.

As the two left Ling Yunche turned to the girl, he had developed feelings for and wondered if he should continue pursuing her but then the letter Xian guifei had sent him days prior stuck in his head. He will follow all her instructions as she had done everything to ensure his happiness as her younger sworn brother.

The Empress however was not at peace with Imperial Noble Consort Hui gone she was left with those two other incompetent women her eyes filled with anger. That gave that Ula- Nara woman more power as she was the favourite of the emperor. Lianxin hurries into the room with a male face "Niangniang,nubi has something to report" A cold feeling flooded the woman's body when she saw how pale Lianxin was "What news?" the empress prepared to hear the worst "Xian Guifei and Noble lady Hai visited First class female attendant Gao after they left the Emperor saw her and they spoke an hour after the emperor left First Class female attendant Gao died"

Was this retribution how could Xiyue just die like that? Before a word could leave her mouth the emperor entered, he spoke no words and just stared at her "Huanghou you are the mother of the nation you represent what all women should be, do not disappoint me" Looking around he sighed "Leave" everyone, but the empress left he walked forward and grabbed her hand "Royal mother has troubled me for an heir so tonight I stay here".

As he left the Empress stepped back tears in her eyes there was no love for her in his eyes while she adored him in every way and treasured him. She loved him and he seemed to despise her what had gone wrong?

Unknown to the empress her only living child sat in Yikun palace her father had sent her there with firm instructions to be obedient and listen to Xian guifei. Jingse watched the woman carefully as she wrote a letter to her parents before glancing at the princess.

"The emperor is not pleased with your Royal mother and as such wants me to educate you" The young princess nodded she was not foolish she knew that Consort Xian's family had produced multiple Empresses and favoured Consorts. Ruyi glanced at the young girl she was only 13 but she needed to learn.

"We women of noble and royal families are taught the arts and virtues, we are nurtured and well educated and while favoured by our parents we have a duty" she sat down directly in front of the princess "To marry well and become a backer our mothers can depend on" Ruyi now looked directly at the princess "You carry a heavier load as most princesses are not married to a man in her city but to one of our allies so I shall teach you to ride and shoot, I will teach you how to play the game and I will teach you how to survive"

Jingse wanted to say no but something in her shu mother's eyes told her that she needed to say yes and so she did, while the Fuca clan empress cried in hr palace Ruyi had gained a new ally who would become quite loyal to her teacher. Instead of the princess being solely loyal to her mother and her memory her loyalty had shifted to the woman who instead of coddling and hiding her from reality decided to teach her to help her and to mould her so she would survive.

Author's Note

I'm back, sorry for the wait I decided to really take a break from writing, to the reader who I snapped at I apologise for being so harsh on you. I did not need to be that harsh to get my point across. To those that supported me thank you very much. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

Forgot to mention I'm starting an Instagram for my books so if you want to see what Ruyi would be like in modern times the link is on my profile.