第七章

Jingse's teaching started small with learning how to speak, the princess had grown up in the Imperial harem and knew how to plot and scheme but she was unaccustomed to verbal battles and planning

Jingse's teaching started small with learning how to speak, the princess had grown up in the Imperial harem and knew how to plot and scheme but she was unaccustomed to verbal battles and planning. Ruyi wasted no time in teaching her these things with careful consideration she taught the girl how to pass on messages and make allies, and she taught the young princess of her family's allies within the court and outside of it. She ensured the girl knew the cultures and social etiquettes of all the tribes and what their men valued.

By the second week of teaching Jingse had taken up the Ula-Nara mantel in all name and blood, her mannerisms and habits had now changed she was no longer innocent and naïve. The girl looked forward to her lessons as they told her the truth of her reality and how she could use it to her advantage, it was late in the night when she entered Yikun palace for her lesson. As usual, she walked to the garden where her mother stood with a sword in hand. Mother the young princess had started thinking of Ruyi as her legal mother and emotionally discarded the Fuca clanswoman. Ruyi looked beautiful her black hair coiled into a braided bun and her posture upright and proper.

In her past life, she had learned to wield many swords and the bow and arrow due to numerous roles returning to her first life she had once again taken up the artform but in secret. She looked at Jingse and smiled "It is time you learn swordsmanship" that night she instructed the princess on the basics of the sword and the bow. The history of the weapons to how to hold them. She ensured that the young princess understood knowing to use a weapon would save her life one day.

After the lesson ended, she gave the princess a book and smiled at her "Read it, learn the many lessons while many use it for war on the battlefield they forget that marriage and politics is a battlefield as well" the young princess admired Noble Consort Xian as she never belittled her for being female or called her useless. Noble Consort Xian taught her the refined arts of a lady, but she also taught her the ways of survival and she intended to learn it all.

Ruyi watched as the princess left her eyes full of happiness, she had grown to like the girl, but she wondered what would happen now.

As she entered her palace and took a seat A'rou was dragged in by Li Yu who had a pleased smile on his face. "Greeting Your Highness Xian guifei the emperor saw it fit to send A'rou to you for punishment, she has been silenced as she used her mouth to curse you and the emperor" Ruyi glanced at A'Rou a frown on her face before turning to Li Yu and smiling "Thank his majesty for his grace".

As the smiling eunuch left Ruyi turned to the glaring woman beside her "Have all the servants gather in the courtyard as Ruyi walked out the all the servants of Yikun palace bowed the woman however just walked towards the kneeling A'Rou the falling snow did nothing to deter her.

"You and I have not faced each other like this for a long time as servant and mistress and had a good conversation" Souxin glared at the kneeling woman but Ruyi's expression remains calm "Sanbao" the loyal eunuch and a good friend quickly stepped up "I am here" Ruyi smiled "Bring a chair" Sanbao hid the smirk on his face finally A'Rou would get her punishment "Yes."

As A'Rou fought the men holding her down Ruyi took a seat this time her calm careful words of understanding were not there "How pretty are your nails" this time she went straight for the kill "Yes. Grow your nails and wear nail guards, living a life where others serve you. Why would you think of the times you served me?" Ruyi's hold of A'Rou's hand tightened "It's just that you cut off your own future completely you can't blame me. You can only blame yourself. This is to eat one's own fruit".

Ruyi this time did not emphasise on A'Rou's relationship with her over the years and instead focused on the girl's nails. The flat tool she had requested for this moment was handed to her and Ruyi smirked and looked at A'Rou. It was a bloody mess detailing but A'rou even for a mute screamed and writhed in pain. Those two fingernails the girl had grown out were now gone and her bloodied fingers now burning with remnants of the pain.

Ruyi leaned back as A'Rou fell to the floor, she smirked before rising to her feet "You all saw it, once disloyal a hundred times useless. You all do your work well I will treat you all well naturally." The words of her servants echoed in perfect sync "Your servant will solemnly follow your instruction daring not to think twice" Ruyi turned to face them with a smile "Great then. Sanbao, send A'Rou to the Cold Palace".

Ruyi reentered her Palace with a pleased smile on her face now she could get some well-deserved victory sleep.

A'Rou stared at the falls of the Cold Palace her face covered in dry blood the only way of light coming in was from the sun. She regretted betraying her mistresses now. The Empress and Lady Gao were quick to throw her away when they needed a scapegoat this place as luxurious as it was, truly was a golden cage. She would have stayed loyal to her mistress if she could go back maybe she would have had children by now. As her maid presented her with the cloth A' Rou had one last thought "My last act of apology to my mistress and sent her maid to deliver the letter while she prepared the cloth.

Ruyi by this time had forgotten about A'Rou as Souxin soaked her hands in honeysuckle water and ginger juice to get rid of her frostbite. It was nearing the hours of nightfall and Ruyi had no interest in leaving her Palace for useless things in the winter. That was when Sanbao walked in "Mistress." Ruyi glanced up at him in acknowledgement "The Cold Palace reports A'Rou hung herself to death". Ruyi carefully removed her hands to dry them "Does his Majesty know?" Sanbao nodded "He knows. His Majesty says the official word will be she died from illness, and she can just be cremated".

Souxin ready to cheer up her mistress spoke "By the way, Mistress, Noble Lady Hai's due date is around this time. How come there is no movement?" Ruyi paused that could not be right was it really that time already? Firstly, the Gao woman had died earlier than planned but that didn't matter as Hailan was ready to give birth. Ruyi paused "Sanbao go to Yanxi Palace and ask about it" as he left Ruyi looked stood and looked around in a panic Hailan was ready to give birth.

She waited until SanBao returned before walking over to Yanxi Palace without a thought, she made her way to see her old friend. Only to see her palace in a mess this was the day that Hailan had gone into labour things were different now that that Gao woman was dead.

Ruyi made her way inside full of worry Souxin by her side glancing at the bed where her friend was attempting to give birth she turned and walked away "I am worried Physician Jiang isn't here to serve her, Go tell His Majesty to send Physician Qi"

As Souxin ran off, Ruyi stayed at Hailan's side holding her hand tightly and started praying for her safety while Hailan had fixed her prescription earlier in this life she was still at risk. Two hours later a flow of relief filled Ruyi when the child entered the world happy to see her adopted son again.

"It's a prince, Hailan. It's a prince, Hailian." Ruyi's voice filled with tiredness and joy, Hailan turned her head and looked at Ruyi "We got a prince" Ruyi nodded at her friend tears in her eyes. Hoping this time Hailan would be okay but then Hailan passed out panic filled her no not again this could not happen again. "Hailan. Hailan! What's wrong?" as the labour mama informed her of the issue Ruyi felt hatred towards Jin Yuyan. Ruyi walked out and looked at the physician's fire in her eyes "Noble Lady Hai's health is in dire condition. If you can't stop her bleeding, I will seek you for the blame. Got that?"

Souxin however managed to arrive on time with Physician Qi "Spare the formalities, Hailan's bleeding nonstop, and she's passed out. May you preserve her" Ruyi begged with tears in her eyes she watched as the man took care of her sister in all but blood and preserved her life. Once Hailan was clear, Ruyi took the baby to see the Emperor.

But one thing stayed in her mind Jin Yuyan would soon get her karma in ways she could never understand.