第八章

Suoxin leaned near her mistress with worry in her eyes "Mistress, Noble Lady Hai is fine now

Suoxin leaned near her mistress with worry in her eyes "Mistress, Noble Lady Hai is fine now. You've been riled up all night and you should get some rest now" Ruyi tried not to smile as the woman spoke, she missed Souxin's loyalty and devotion she would avoid her unfair punishment. "No worry. I'll be with her. You go watch the fifth prince. Don't step a foot away from him".

She was not sure what she had altered and while the young prince was not attacked, she would ensure Hailan's son was safe Souxin as usual gave an understanding look and was about to follow her order when a voice called out "Your Highness Consort Xian how is the situation inside? His Majesty is here, and he's been on standby outside all along".

She had forgotten about Hongli rising to her feet she kissed her sister's head and looked at Hailan's personal attendants "Keep careful watch over my sister" She then walked over to Fifth Prince and helped the nursemaids wrap him in a thick blanket. She held him carefully and close to her chest as they walked to the side hall where the emperor sat waiting. Li Yu quickly moved the beaded screen as the emperor rushed over "Your Majesty Hailan gave birth to a prince." She carefully handed the precious bundle to the Emperor and watched as he held his son "Great. Great" as he walked deeper into the hall Ruyi and her maids followed "This is my fifth son" he said while staring at the babbling baby "Congratulations your Majesty "was chorused through the room as all the attendants kneeled and Ruyi gave a quick bow.

"Reward! Reward the entire Yanxi Palace! You may rise" As they rose to their feet the Emperor observed his son "This child does seem to two measures than an average one, It must have been hard on Noble Lady Hai" Ruyi stepped forward and moved the cloth away from the child's face "Look at that little face. So round but so smooth. So, alluring" The emperor smiled down at the baby "This child has an upright look, and his cry is sonorous. He must be a blessed child".

"Come momo, look after the fifth prince diligently" the woman answered and quickly stepped back. As the servants cleared out Ruyi turned to the now-sitting Emperor who spoke "I've already made up my mind. In the tale of King Mu 'Fine jade is the standard of jade'. This qi (fine jade) signifies rare quality. I plan to grant the Fifth prince the name Yonqi, what say you?"

"Yongqi? Good name" Ruyi said with a pleased smile before continuing "Hailan bore this prince by risking her life. Thankfully Physician Qi rushed here in time to help her bleeding stop. "Ruyi bowed "Thank You, Your Majesty" She held back the tears that once again appeared in her eyes. As she rose her head the Emperor spoke "Yes, this Noble Lady Hai bore a good son for me to put me in such pleasant state. I plan to promote her to Imperial Concubine. With the title of Yu (pleasant), What do you think?"

A wide smile appeared on Ruyi's face as she lowered herself to the floor "I thank your majesty greatly on behalf of Hailan. I want to beg your majesty for another grace." She glanced at the man as he drank his tea "Speak" Her eyes lowered as she responded "Imperial Concubine Yu loves her son dearly. May your majesty not send the fifth Prince to Xiefang Hall and allow Imperial Concubine Yu to keep him by her side"

The Emperor leaned forward with a calm expression it seemed both he and Ruyi still thought the same even as the years went by "I plan to do that as well. Imperial Concubine Yu comes from a humble background. I plan to have you raise Yongqi. Hence Imperial Concubine Yu can see him all the time" The smile that appeared on her face was brighter than that she had given him in the past days "Imperial Concubine Yu and I bow to Your Majesty's generous grace" as she bowed, he could only think he made the best decision.

"Hailan and I will surely look after the fifth prince well. We will not disappoint Your Majesty's aspiration". He really wished she did not have to kneel to him every time "All right. Rise now" He got up and helped her to her feet. He then turned to the eunuch who had been standing there in silence with a pleased smile on his face "Li Yu' the eunuch bowed "Present" He really did not deserve his loyalty "The Royal Physicians that tended to her tonight. Cast them all out of the palace. Never employ them again and sentence them as incompetent".

"I understand," Li Yu said as he bowed, Ruyi watched as the emperor left and then made her way back to Hailan stopping in the main hall as Sanbao spoke "Mistress. It's almost daylight, you should not stay vigilant here anymore". Ruyi could sense her eunuch's worry and concern and took a deep breath "Sanbao I feel anxious. His Majesty sent Physician Xu and Li out of the palace. You follow them and see who they interact with before their departure from the palace".

Sanbao now understanding his mistress's behaviour bowed "I will go immediately" Did the other concubines really think targeting his mistress's oath-bound sister would be a good idea he would stand back and watch as they fell to their knees in pain as his mistress continues to rise and flourish into a phoenix.

Ruyi turned and made her way to Hailan and sat down holding her hand. The on-watching attendants of both palaces could only stand and watch the dedication their mistresses had to one another. It's something they wished they had the bond of sisters how they envied it but desired to protect it.

The Emperor sat down in his palace and cleared his desk in anger "Jin Yuyan" he could not punish her as he had no proof she interfered with the prescription of Imperial Concubine Yu he would have to wait at least three more years to get her on something. He refused to lose Ruyi again. He refused to lose the one positive thing this palace had brought him to think he was fooled by Ling fei and the schemes of the inner palace. He was an idiot and modern-day China had shown him that when he saw the show featuring his love life with Ruyi and the challenges she faced he only saw a Tyrant that was fooled by pretty smiles and dances.

So, when he woke up in his bed in the Palace, he knew it was his chance, he did not care if he did not get her love, he did not deserve it. However, he would ensure she was treated like the Empress and high-class woman she was. While he knew that he was not the only one to return Li Yu like him had too vivid of a dream and he spent an hour apologizing to his closest friend for doubting him.

Who knew Li Yu could be so unforgiving, but eventually, after three continuous days, he had earned forgiveness. Li Yu stood back watching the Emperor who now stood in a mess of items take several calming breaths "Your Majesty no dogs in the palace after the ascension for at least 10 years" and for the first time since the two had returned to the past or what they preferred to call their vivid dreams the two looked at another and laughed.

Authors Note

Bet you guys did not see that coming, luckily only four persons have returned to the past Ruyi, Hailan, Hongli and Li Yu. On another note does anyone know where I can get the transcripts for Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace because I really am tired of watching over the drama and pausing to copy the lines as they are said. My eyes are hurting guys if anyone can send me one I would be immensely grateful.