第二十六章

Ruyi leaned against Hailan as she finished drinking her medicine

Ruyi leaned against Hailan as she finished drinking her medicine. Jiang Yubin had insisted on ensuring she was healthy and safe, going as far as sending Souxin to her side once more. Not that she minded the two happily reunited but all this attention was stifling. Hailan and Shu Fei accompanied her everywhere, but they did not stifle her as they occupied themselves with strategy games and conversation. She wished that her daughter would arrive already.

Without Jia in the harem Ruyi felt a bit more relaxed, she however did not expect the Emperor to send her such a nice surprise Jingse walked into her palace with a bright smile and bowed "Royal Mother" Ruyi smiled widely and motioned for the girl to come forward "How are you here already here?" Tears glistening in her eyes as she hugged the girl but then Ruyi stiffened and pulled back before placing her hand on Jingse's belly.

"Already you have been married less than a year". The girl blushed and looked at the floor "My husband enjoys my dancing and that I spar with him" Hearing her words Ruyi smiled brightly and nodded "Good, good a little prince or princess both a blessing" As Jingse sat at her mother's side and gently touched her large belly and smiled "Having two at once is a blessing in itself".

As the two spoke and bonded Jingse turned to Hailan and smiled "Mother Yu is also blessed, hopefully she will take after Mother Yu and not Royal Father" The women all glanced at Jingse and started giggling after all they all knew that the Emperor had too much energy for his own good. Becoming Emperor had helped calm him down.

Ruyi paused when she realised that she needed to relieve herself with a small smile she asked for Rong Pei and Souxin's assistance as the two helped her out Jingse's smiled faded "Mother Yu, Mother Shu, I know you are close friends with Royal mother but not close enough to constantly be here. Has father found the second perpetrator?"

The two women clenched their teeth and glared at the floor their dark expressions said everything. Jingse straightened in her seat and stared blankly at the courtyard "I shall handle it, protect royal mother" as the Princess rose and left the palace the two consorts exchanged nervous looks. Princess Jingse was her father's daughter with the Empress Dowagers brain. The princess walked carefully to the Empress Dowagers palace at sat down inside without a word.

Her grandmother recognised that expression and excused her lack of etiquette "Speak child" Jingse smiled but it was bitter and twisted "that year Fuca clanswoman, attendant Gao and Jia framed royal mother, not long after Mother Yu was poisoned and now Royal mother was attacked yet how the cinnabar was found was like that of Royal Mothers framing. This was a ploy to get rid of Jia why hasn't Royal Father looked at Mei Pin?"

The Empress Dowager frowned and lowered her cup "Because she was sent by me, I am foolish I have brought such women to my son" Jingse silently drank the tea and then glanced at the woman she knew to be her only grandparent "Punish her well before I do".

The Empress Dowager smirked as she drank her tea "You remind me of myself, when I was young, but I suppose Ruyi allowed you to flourish. I shall deal with Mei Pin do not worry". As usual the two women continued to drink their tea as they observed the servants walking past the Dowager Empress's Palace this was how they bonded if Ruyi came along later they would end up doing needlework or observing the servants while Rong Pei and Fujia informed them of the current gossip. Truly the woman had become some sort of peace and solace to the Royal clan.

It took three days for the Empress Dowager to act; the Emperor was stunned when he heard that Mei Pin had passed of illness in her chambers. She was buried quietly as the other concubines silently resolved to avoid any schemes for the time being. Jingse's presence in the Palace accompanying the Imperial Noble Consort everywhere while her husband accompanied the Emperor stated everything. 

Yu Gui Fei however was keeping many in check while Consort Shu continued being firm and honest while reminding the other women of their place. Chun Gui Fei was smarter than most gave her credit for and followed in their lead going as far to inform the newer additions to the harem that they were chosen due to politics, but The Imperial Nobel Consort was chosen due to love. The Qianlong Emperor had only one Pheonix Ula-Nara Ruyi every other woman came second to her.

The Imperial Noble Consort was beautiful, virtuous, and fair the childhood love of the Emperor and had the backing of a large and powerful clan that was incredibly loyal to the Emperor. Yu Gui Fei was backed by the Ula-Nara clan and surprisingly the Emperor's Imperial Aunt, so she earned her position and had the power to easily crush them. Shu Fei and Chun Fei were backed by the Empress Dowager and came from influential clans. The top four women of the Harem were united and played the game of survival well.

Most of these new concubines would be taught a hard lesson about the power they thought they had. Jingse had already started ensuring that none of the newer wide eye's maids did not forget their place. Her husband was quite pleased with his wife's viciousness. However, when he met the Imperial Noble Consort, he immediately understood.

During a private family banquet, a minister interrupted to censor the Ula-Nara clan as they had interfered with a marriage. Ruyi even when heavily pregnant was a scary woman with a kind smile and sharp eyes she asked the man to tell them everything that happened and coaxed every bit of information out of them before laughing.

"Li Yu is Bengong's cousin and sworn brother the Ula-Nara has right to refuse the marriage proposal, under the Emperors order he was adopted into the Ula-Nara clan you dare plan his marriage matters without consulting us".

Suddenly the minister paled and sulked out Ruyi however was not done instead she turned to her cousin who was still guarding the Emperor and smiled less that three days later the minister and his daughter who had insisted on forcing Li Yu to marry her both died while travelling to the temple. 

Septeng Baljur, glanced at his wife as she calmly drank her tea after hearing the news and then watched as she smiled "Royal Mother seemed to move faster than me this time" The Mongol heir glanced at his wife and sighed she was a beautiful woman, but he saw both the Imperial Noble Consort and Empress Dowager in her.

However, both women were said to be beautiful, smart and virtuous they were said to be kind and caring, yet it was clear to see that for those they cared about they were quite vicious. Yet this did not bother him, he liked beautiful strong women who knew how to scheme. Now he knew why his wife seemed perfect for him she was raised by the strongest women in the nation. 

He would, however, forever deny being afraid of the Imperial Noble Consort for years. Near his death he would later admit that the woman known to be Emperor Qianlong's One and Only Empress had once fought him while pregnant. A woman who could fight like that was the reason, he did not fear death and instead feared his wife.