Stokes X Root

Puzzle

Eng vs NZ
June 02, 2022

Ben Stokes appointed as England Cricket Teams Test Captain on April. It was his first Test as a Captain. With the new coach, Brandon McCullum, he's done a superb job.

"How is it feeling to win by 5 wickets as Captain, Stokes?" Root asks on the Dressing room. Joe Root, the former captain on the other contrary, scored a Century on that match. Stokes looks at him, the look- like he never gives! "It was fun having everyone by our side and coach, hah! He is amazing," Stokes says. "[Happy] I see, you're enjoying your captaincy, Stokes. And you know what, I am veerryyy Happy," Root explains with happiness. Stokes didn't give feedback much, maybe Root didn't notice either. After packing Stokes's stuffs, he says with a serious face, "Root." Root looks at him, "Yeah?" "I guess you're free tonight." "Yes. Why?" "Actually I can't tell you everything HERE. Just wanted a MEET." "Ah! I'll let you know."

______________________

Root and Stokes started their relationship on 2020. With many ups and down having their sides, they were still together. 'Were'- because after having some serious controversies about Joe Root's Captaincy, Root finally decided to Step Down. Former Crickets, especially Chappells, Ians and who else, Kevin Peterson. He couldn't take the trolls even the complain about his Captaincy. It was like a 'Mental Pressure' is making his house inside him. After discussing with family he decided to Step Down from Captaincy. Ben Stokes was the Vice Captain of Test Cricket and he took the Captaincy as well.

Their Relationship, Ben Stokes became busier after taking the responsibility. And Root, he got the Relief finally and he wasn't available for him either. He was spending time with himself most often. He was happy for Stokes but somewhere, Stokes wasn't...
Stokes Knows how things are gonna change too soon. He hadn't no option. Somewhere he wanted that somewhere didn't! The exhausted throws him in a puzzle. So then he was trying to Solve it down and again and again, he failed. Stokes lost his father in 2020. He found Root by his side no only for Consolation but also for becoming the Reason he is alive now. He still searches the matching piece to fill.

Root was doing a good life at the beginning. With being his company, he nothing but just wanted one more time after each moment. His little faith, somehow was filled with Stokes. He knows he isn't going well after the Great Loss. But with him, he found an another world. Within 1 year, that clownish thing appears. A mental depression, with its another hand, create a Barrier between them. What it wanted? Who knows...
Root never shows it, neither Stokes justified. The Misunderstanding with other hand, starts building with its name constantly.

Root's family is never gonna accept Stokes, he knows. Even after knowing that, they were in a relationship for 2 years. Maybe Stokes had another plan. Stokes's father loved Root so much, they lost him. His family wasn't happy at that time when they were is relationship. Who could a family accept then? After spending 2 Great years, things are turning slowly. Not everything had its own name, what it should be called? Stokes doesn't know that! That plan also didn't work. Have anything left?

After so many misfortunes, Root not only stepped from Captaincy but also increase distance between him and Stokes. He was mentally depressed, it was nothing but an Excuse. Stokes barley become free then, after having a busier life he almost forgot Root. Matter is, neither Root tried nor Stokes.

______________________

Stokes called him at night for a discussion. He was confused when he saw Root after months, took it normally when he saw Root normal. But in a friendly behavior--- he couldn't take it. Is their relationship broke? That only question Stokes wanted to ask. If no then why so distance. If yes why didn't Root tell him... so many things like puzzles and he can't match these down. He is confused...

- You don't have to tell me Stokes that why you asked me to come.
- You know... Already? [Shock]
- Why won't I?
- [Sad Laugh] Don't know
- [Looks at him] Listen Stokes. I know-
- You know nothing Root. And I actually wasn't going to ask you What do you know.
- Let-me-finish [rude] I KNOW, I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GONNA ASK! I know THAT
- The answer?
- Listen Stokes [Suddenly turns voice to softer] you might know I was going under pressure and I needed space from everything
- Yeah I remember you said once I am your everything and look you proved that again, Root.
- I didn't mean it. I still LOVE you Babe.
- How can I? STILL!
- I know you had that same pressure but not same as MINE. We both needed space
- What Space Root? Going far away, creatinh distance from your Lover bla bla.. is a WAY to call 'Space'?
- [said nothing]
- Root. I Loved you and as a lover you were with me when I lost my dad. As a company or whatever you ment I still keep this in my heart Root. But you didn't let me do the SAME when you needed me, Root. Are You I mean seriously proving it that- that I can't do what you did!
- No Stokes
- YES [wild eyes] Yes ROOT YES. You just have no right to run away. I know your family is not gonna accepting me anymore.
- But Stokes on thing is, I can figure it out.
- I have gone to jail, I have banned for months, I have filled the Fine, I am divorcee-
- STOKES [shouts louder] My family isn't accepting you just because OF ME. Cz they fixed my wedding with someone else. And I, I spoiled everything just because of you. Because of YOU STOKES. I will figure it I promise. Trust me I was so happy when You took that pressure from me not only as a Vice Captain but also a careful Lover Stokes. I just give you some days for fixing things. You should know your Lover isn't changing too soon. Not too soon Stokes.
- [Emotional] Oh Root you're too much.
- [Laughs softly]
- [Stokes then sits down off his knees and holds a ring before Root] Will you Marry me?
- [literally Shocked] Oh Stokes. [Breaths; sighs] Oh! I will.

Then Stokes twisted the RING on his finger and Kissed him.

.................