Stokes X Root II

Thorn

It hurts so good

__

Siting before an empty chair. Lots of thinkings coming from heart, battling with mind, battling with himself wanting to get away from the world. He orders his meal and it's been time to finish it alone.

When they even did what they always did. Proving us continuously wrong making their each ways right. At the time when we haunted for the real man to rise inside of our soul, we failed each attempts to solve the sequel. We failed to loose the strong side. We choosed the weak point as the power and soul turned the fire to burn 'em up.

Stokes always be late to meet with Root. Though it's been years since their relationship and they turned themselves official. Many people had questions to Root and Stokes. Deservation won when one failed to search humility. One should be treated the way they treat others. Root wakes up early in the morning, after waking few miles came back and finished his breakfast. He opens his diary to write down lines he wanted to mark.

Stokes is gonna leave you.
Behave yourself.
Why you always look like bustard?
Are you gonna change after death?
Your funeral would be dj and bands.
Shame on you.
You didn't deserve to captain Engalnd.
Do you know how to play cricket?

He smirkes and capped his pen. He spins his head and watch through the mirror reflection, Stokes is standing behind him. His smile didn't leave him, he turned around and behaved as if it was nothing. He knows several times, Stokes got down for Root. He knows he isn't gonna leave Stokes while hurting for no reason. Though he might become the chance to witness a perfect life, sometimes he lost hope he can do it NEVER. Called him imperfect too. You can't let all those word increasing weight inside your brain. You can't leave a life under much mental pressure. "What's it about?" Stokes asks even knowing, Root is gonna lie. He tosses the diary in a corner, "Some works I might forget later." Stokes knows Root marks story lines and sometimes saved it on diary. But it's looking different today. He doesn't say further.

_________________________

"Where is Rooty?" Stokes asked Jimmy when they passed the hallway and went downstairs where their private car was waiting. "He isn't coming. We need to get hurry." Stokes didn't expect that reply from Jimmy. He tried to contact Root while leaving in car, he didn't respond. Neither he falls in tension nor he could explain whenever Jimmy was asking what happened. He feels a lot more pain in heart. He deep down feels Root. They are going to a function by one business organiser. It was a family function and Root never missed a family function. Stokes knows professional barriers are one thing preferred by Root. Maybe he can't take each lines all the time, it made someone depressed so easily and it also made changes so easily. Root is the victim when others are creators.

....No century, not even a half century.....

....forget the leading power, Root doesn't know BAZBALL....

....make some runs....

Root knows how the words feel and how it tears his soul off. He isn't proving himself, isn't making runs, isn't showing well enough personally. Thought this year might be tough for him. He is passing a thorny road. He can't let Stokes to walk aside. These would cut his leg. He can't let him hurting the way Root is having. He released Stokes at the beginning of the Road, he's passing on. "It hurts so good." He sighs overnight while thinking and thinking about Stokes- what he choosed!

Days down,

Root remains in distance for days. Turned his phone off, doing extra net sessions, watched every piece of batting practice on his PC, played some shots, was staying on his farmhouse. Night hours passed, he still staring at his window, watching thunderstorm, rain is just an inch away. Sighs dipper and feels his soul is broken and hurting him. Smirkes and lets it wash him away. He switched his current line off so that he can stay in dark. He loves the feel when Thunder crashed through the sky and made an impact on his emotions. He loves the night alone time spending and thinking shits. Hearing cracking sounds, wind flowing, Knocking on door, made a light splashing on his face.... he finally dismissed his staring. Or something dismissed HIS staring. He slowly laid off of his bed and make himself stand. He hears faster footsteps climbing upstairs. He makes large steps ahead of his door, when he pushed the door to open, the door was pushed from the other side as it swings open before Root did. "Stokes?" None but Stokes was there who pushed the door before Root. "Root." Seems like he's panting which is normal cause he finished climbing up within seconds. He takes few steps in and hugged Root tightly. "From when you started learning living alone?" Stokes asked after releasing him from his chest. He walks to the bed and sits. Root couldn't answer it. He followed Stokes. "Why are you here?" Stokes laughs crazily, not making eye contact. Suddenly he stopped laughing and turned directly at Root, "I should ask you the SAME question Root. WHAT AM I DOING HERE?" Root freezed after his question. He remains steady at his place. Stokes scoffs and stands, makes his way to Root, he holds his shoulders and looks down at Root. "Rooty. You know you are not alone. I'm here and always will be. I made a promise and I can't dismiss it. The exact point you're showing nowadays is, forget you. Why you always say things I cannot do? I CAN'T forget you, I can't let you go Alone on this cruel world. You need me. See I'm here." Root feels cry, he wanted to hold Stokes so tightly and cry his pain out, he wanted to hold him so close and forget the world. But he stays silent. Silent with so much louder words. Stokes again sits on bed when he got no response from Root. Tears falls, cheeks turned red, rain is falling too, what Root wanted happening but not EVE-RY-THING.

Root slowly looks at Stokes and opens his mouth, "Stokes.... I needed space. I couldn't take, take those lines [sighs] I-I hate them who speaks up against me-" Stokes again made his steps and wiped the tears away from Root's face. "I can't see my lover is crying out for no-" "NO STOKES. It is a damn reason killing me. I hate their-" "WHO ARE THEY?" Stokes shouted loud cause he can't hear his lines what is totally meaningless. "Who are they, Root?" Stokes again wiped his tears and took Root between his hands. Root closed his eyes. Stokes strokes between his hair and says, "Forget them. Some words they can just spell out. Do they know you're the greatest player ever lived? Do they know you're the best wife someone like me ever found? THEY DO NOT KNOW what you belong Root. They don't." Stokes passed some soft lines which flows over Root's pain as he's just looking at him, couldn't take his eyes off. Stokes smiles and holds his jaw, "Do YOU know how I missed me looking closer at you like present?" Root dismissed the moment and looks aside. He gives a tiny smiles. Stokes again hugs him. "I love you, Stokes. Please don't leave me." Root says as Stokes replied, "Who left whom we've already seen it. But he loves you too." Root pats on his shoulder and Stokes looks at him again. He leans ahead and locked his lips with Root's. Root feels all the way between his soul. Stokes leans down and takes Root in a bridal style, made their way to bed. He puts Root on pillow and adjust him up to Root, still hasn't taken his eyes off. "Not today." Root demands, looking aside, laughing mindly. Stokes clenched his eyes and says, "Let me pass the night JUST looking at you, Root. You know people forgets the Thorn when they stares at flowers. So let me forget them and stares at you, tonight." He takes Root's hand and kissed it, "We gift roses without any Thorn. So present me you without THORNS. Won't you?" Root smiles under heavy throat and appreciates softy. Stokes leans down and kissed him.

..................