Maxi X Cummins

[request]

Enough

But you are enough

__

World Cup has finished with the victory. Australia won the ODI World Cup for 6 times, more than any other team. The keen player was Maxwell of course. Maxwell's 201* off 148 ball was the inspirational innings ever happened in World Cup. His contribution wasn't enough to spell in words.

Now it is the time for BBL 13 for Maxwell to lead his team Melbourne Star to final. They're strong to make any finals easily but past years were quite miserable too. But he wants to make a change this time with a strong team. As a Captain, its been somehow his responsibility. Each times when he got out for practice on nets and few discussions about game night, he always faced his phone screen and smiles. The same wish, the same congratulations each times made him more happier and ready to clash.

Though test schedule was running behind BBL and they're even doing good by their own. They defeated Pakistan with white wash. The Captain, Pat Cummins was impressive to watch. One game in Melbourne with 10 wickets isn't someone's cup of tea. So Maxwell thought to return the text and to enjoy his OWN time with his own style.

- isn't enough.

He sent it and chuckles.

____________________

Days later, when he heard test players are coming back in BBL side for one or two games before heading into Adelaide for day-night test, he almost jumped off. But his wide laugh suddenly earsed when he noticed not he, for whom Maxi was seeking. "Shit." He passed a comment, mindly turned his face off. Why even it was Smith, Warner, Khawaja and Marnus? Someone should get back too. He turned into desirable when he again picks his phone up and heads to WhatsApp for texting. He got no time when he found few messages what he never seen. So he got busy with replying each and finally he came to the main chat, when he was about to click it, his alarm rings and it's time for net session so he turned the phone off and rushed.

"......if you see deep down you can measure how we, the international player defeated nations when we become experienced. And then we become more experienced when we spent our times with juniors too. If you see our Captain, Pat Cummins, how he gained the opportunity to become the three formate winning captain. We can possibly say, he's winning this T20 WC too. And look at us, we trust each-other that we can go and secure this BBL victory. So this time is for clash...." Maxwell is repeating the tape recorder of his own voice what he told to his teammates, he smiles when he got inspiration by his ownself. But he doesn't smile for his own speech. He somehow feels proud how he showed Cummins before Juniors. He smiles again as his cheeks turned red. He didn't know when he falls asleep with his tape recorder in hand. Thanks to God, he turned it off.

"I just got time that's it." No sooner had Maxwell heard that voice, he quickened his footsteps. The midway when Coach called him from back, it stopped. Looked back and this time ignored it. "Hey I'm coming. Wait." He told the coach this time. He decided to go as he again started walking towards the dressing room after a superb victory. He finally got inside and rotates his eyes around but found no one there. "What happened, Big show?" He moves back and Stoinis told him from behind. He nodes. "Ahm. Were Cummins here?" He asked hesitately. Stoinis curls his eyebrows as doubting and replies, "Why?" "I heard his voice so I didn't meet-" "I don't know." He answered. As Maxi's face turned a saddened one.

After getting into team bus, Maxi took the last seat alone. Maybe months down, he still hasn't seen his face. He is staring at his wallpaper with him and Cummins together holding the World Cup, they took at dressing room after becoming the 6th time champion. A tiny smiles flies from the corner of his mouth. Hours later, when he about to fall asleep, it broke when a horn splash with his ears. He looks disturbly. They were on a highway. He again turns his phone on and goes to WhatsApp. Just one message were left to see. He clicks and smiles while reading a text, he holds the phone between his heart and closed his eyes. That reply what he threw to him, 'isn't enough.' was the reply to- 'But you are Enough.' He slowly turned his face to window and imagines, his head on someone's shoulder and he's napping peacefully.

Next Day,

- Cummins, you should've told me that you're coming.

- How could I Maxi? I wanted to give you surprise, but I never found you

- Sorry. I didn't see your message

When he told it, a narrowed look was shown on his face.

- What message

Cummins behaved as if he's hearing now.

- huh! [Laughs]

- [Holds his coffee] you know what I've seen a beautiful thing in this world

- What thing?

- Your smile.

When he says, Maxi's cheeks turned to red as he hides it with the cup he's holding.

- Tell me, Maxi. What did I send?

- Why you lied that I AM ENOUGH?

- Lied?

- Yeah. I am enough right? No, 10 wickets were enough, I ment it.

- [laughs] Yeah FOR YOU.

- If you were wicketless, I would be ALSO enough for me. I don't prefer anything about you.

Cummins's eyes got wilde open when he heard.

- How you think your contribution, I prefer? I don't Maxi. That's why I was confirming you, YOU are enough. JUST YOU.

Maxi again smiles and shies. When he was again about yo rise the coffee cup, Cummins holds his hand, as he couldn't touch the cup. There eyes meets together and locked each sights. Cummins extends the hand and kissed it. Maxi was staring at him like he never. Cummins stands up and goes to Maxi. He kneeled up what Maxi never expects. As he pulls a box from his pocket and opens it before Maxi. "I love you." He couldn't say anything more as Maxi smiles what Cummins loves in the world. "I love you too, Stupid." He says while Cummins twisted the ring in his finger. He raised up and holds Maxi's lips between his.

What lasts for minutes...

..................