- 4 -

Aiden

She didn't say no, which I was honestly expecting. Did I go into work today to do this, absolutely not. But what the trainee said really got in my head.

She's not lying, it could help my reputation, not clear it fully I know that. It's a step in the right direction, no?

"I still think you're delusional, this is a really bad idea." Look we're not having a big wedding, if it was a normal situation sure I probably would but it's not.

We're just going to have rings and post it on our socials, more importantly mine. Legally yes we're going to be married, we just aren't going to act like it.

"It's not a bad idea, it'll help both our problems."

"You'll stop taking drugs?"

"Yes" probably not. I probably responded too quickly and she noticed.

She nods sarcastically, "I totally believe you." She's sat on the couch in my office, she said she needed a minute to sit down. It's been about ten.

"Maybe I'll get distracted and just forget." I shrug, she looks over in my direction and shakes her head.

"Forget?" She asks, to confirm I assume.

"Maybe, plus this will keep me out of rehab."

"You need rehab, I don't see how this will help." What is it with everyone saying that? I'm good like this, I'm not violent. Mostly.

"I spoke to someone my lawyer brought with her, she thought the idea would be very beneficial. To my reputation too, supposedly people respect people who are stable in life. Being married being a prime example." She gets up suddenly and walks straight in front of me.

"You planned this, you knew coming into today you'd do this." She accused, pointing her finger at me. Like she's trying to look intimidating or something. She's what 5"5? Not intimidating, especially when I'm over 6 foot.

"I swear I didn't, I listen to her, sure, but I didn't really think it over fully."

"I can't tell if you're bullshitting me or not." She steps back, her expression softens as she studies me.

"I swear I'm not."

"My mom is going to kill me." She groans, rubbing her forehead with her hand. "I literally complain about you all the time to her, she'll go mental."

"Nice to know you talk about me, love." She rolls her eyes at me, grabbing her phone off the couch.

"How is this going to work then?"

"So you're saying, yes?" I ask her, resting against my desk. "It depends what are the terms?"

"Well what do you need?"

"What? You're just going to give me what I need?" Her eyes widen slightly, fully staring at me.

"To a certain extent, yeah."

"God, my mother is sick and her bills have been piling up. I can't afford it anymore, along with other things."

"Such as?" I gesture for her to continue but I don't think she believes that I'll take care of it.