- 19 -

Gianna

"I'll let you take her home in a second, okay? Just want to have a word with her." My mom smiles at Aiden then smiles at me. Fuck me. What the hell is she going to say?

"Take your time, no rush." He lets go of my hand, kissing my forehead. "It was nice to meet you." He says, shaking my moms hand. She gives a nod of approval which calms me down a little. "I'll warm the car up for you."

"Thank you." I smile at him and he leaves, he leaves me alone with my mom.

She waits for the door to close before she starts speaking. "I don't want to keep you too long, wouldn't want to keep him waiting."

"Like he said, don't worry about it. We don't have anything else to do today anyways." I shrug, sitting back on to the couch. "So what do you think?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure." Fuck. I'm scared to push her for an answer, maybe because I won't like it. "And by that you mean?"

"You talked about him like you hated him, you described it so well. You've told me a lot of things about him, Gi. That isn't the person you described."

I frown slightly, sitting up straight. "You know I was lying? We were together then. Plus he makes for a good conversation topic." 

"Yeah, yeah I get that." She says, "I just don't want you to do something you'll regret later on."

I cut her off, I can tell she was going to change the subject. "Wait, what do you mean by that?"

"Don't make me spell it out for you, he was and maybe still is an addict, a drug abuser. I'd hate it if you did the same thing." She pretty much spits it out and I think my head just went blank. What the fuck?

I'm beyond pissed off, what the fuck is wrong with her? I wouldn't ever do that, how little does she actually think of me? "You're not serious? Aiden hasn't touched anything for months."

"That's what he's telling you, no? Isn't he away a good portion of the month."

"You're actually serious about this? Fuck, I thought you were kidding." I scoff, shaking my head at her. 

"You don't know if he's quit." 

"Yes, I do. I can promise you he has never been so healthy, his career is at an all time high. Fuck he's literally perfect I don't get what's rubbed you the wrong way?" 

"I want to believe you, I do. It's just that addicts never fully quit, your dad was a prime example of that. Honestly I don't know why we fought so hard to get away from one addict for you to jump on top of another one." 

"Fuck this and fuck you! You do not get to compare him to my dad! You asshole, who are you? I don't fucking recognise you." I'm shouting now, I barely ever shout. Do I feel bad? A little. Comparing Aiden to my dad? That's going way to far and I won't stand for that. I won't sit here and listen to her talk about Aiden like that.

"I am your mother! I have proven to you that in more ways then one that I am always right. When you knock on that door demanding to see me because he's abusing you, like Callum did to you. Don't fucking expect me to answer it." For the first time in my life I'm seeing red while talking to my mom. I'm disgusted by her right now, she'd never talk about anyone like this.

Not someone who she barely knows.

"That's too far." I feel myself tear up, I want to get out of here. I literally cannot be here anymore. I grab my bag and head to the door, I can't look at her right now.

"Gianna I didn't mean that."

"Can I tell you something? If it wasn't for Aiden you'd probably be dead right now. He paid for your treatment, not me. He's paying for this apartment too. So I'd stop fucking talking about him like he's useless." I glance at her before slamming the door shut. I hope she takes that in and realises how wrong she is.

Legally YoursOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara