- 18 -

Gianna

I let him call me by my actual name? What? I definitely wasn't drinking, what the fuck was I doing. Oh yes, I had Aiden's face in between my legs in his office. That's what I was doing. Weirdly enough we're acting like everything is still the same. Before the dinner of course.

I genuinely don't know what happened though after he kissed me. He got really uncomfortable just being around me, honestly it sort of hurt. Everything after just happened as it did.

I'm not complaining about how the night ended, we were working late anyways. We were like the last ones there, no one heard anything. I think.

I just wish it didn't happen the way it did, it's not how I planned confessing anything to him. I've never argued with someone like that since before my sister abandoned me and my mom. I wouldn't have been expecting it to be with my boss who I just happen to be married to.

I'd like to say that maybe the marriage will actually mean something now, but it doesn't really. It's just a contract, I have his last name and a few fancy rings on my finger. 

And we hooked up in his office..

I'm literally never letting that go. I would've never done something like that normally, nothing is normal about with anyways. Why not do everything in a weird order.

"What?" He says, putting his phone down.

I shrug, looking back at my book. "Nothing."

"Now you're being blunt, didn't you literally yell at me for that yesterday."

"I wasn't yelling." I shake my head.

He snickers. "Trust me, you were." I put my book down, we need to talk about this. Not yell, like I was supposedly doing yesterday.

"Okay maybe I do want to talk about yesterday." I admit, sitting up on the couch.

"What part of yesterday, because trust me I'd much rather do a reenactment of certain parts of it." He says smugly, smirking at me.

"Aiden." I warn, "I'm not reenacting anything, I want to talk."

"That's a shame, I was looking forward to it." I roll my eyes at him, throwing a pillow at him. "What was that for!"

"Get your head out of the gutter." 

"I'd much rather it be between your legs again." He murmurs to himself, definitely loud enough for me to hear it clearly. "Unbelievable." I say jokingly, desperately trying to hold back my laughter.

"I'm not lying." He says defensively.

"I can see that." So much for talking, huh? This is not how I planned for this to go in my head. "Please, Aiden. We do need to talk though."

"What about?"

"The argument. It seemed so unnecessary." 

"Because it was, you started arguing with me, not the other way around." I know that already. Like I said I regret it, I mean it led to other things I definitely don't regret so maybe I'm not that bothered.

"I know, but you were avoiding me. It hurt, Aiden. Especially after you made me think you trusted me."

He sighs, "I don't know why I was doing it. I got in my own head, I think."

"Fair enough, but you should've said something. You were worrying me." I reach out for his hand, squeezing it gently to try reassure him. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that." He runs his thumb over my fingers.

"What is this now." I ask him. "I mean we're not just roommates anymore."

"Just a roommate? Love, you've always been more then that."