[20th Chapter: Your Obedient Servant.]

The event took place at an old shrine that was squished between large mountains. The party was bashful! Full of life. It was a big event, especially since the oldest Daughter of the Seimei family caught herself supernaturally! How can your relatives know that you caught yourself a supernatural familiar? Well, once a member of the clan passes the age of 50, The elderly can sense immense strength radiate off of you. It was mostly just an overwhelming "aura" bit. I kept on getting congratulated. It's a big deal taming an apparition in my family... this happened for Yuta, My Dad, and older siste-

But anyway... Yashiro stuck to me like glue, for the majority of the night. Before 2 fellow acquaintances arrived. Kou, and Teru Minamoto. Accompanied with an old elderly man, that missed one eye and lacked a lot of hair! And he held Tiara's hand, as her other free hand munched on some sweets.

The night was great... Yashiro would try her luck with my family, but to no avail- no one knew how to get rid of her curse. That didn't bug her though, funny enough- she was a bit happy if anything. This event by itself... really made my newfound bond with No.7's adorable assistant fully blossom! She somewhat- trusts me??? She asked if I'd like to hang out with her and Aoi at school... So that was nice... I guess-

But

The night was great, but it got overwhelming, so you ditched the three fellow schoolmates. And went off to the cliffside. there sat an old- on the verge of breaking bench. I took my Zori shoes, and slowly approached a bench. I plopped down on it, letting out a big sigh. While admiring the cold night sky, the stars twinkled above me.

The scent of cigarettes filled my nostrils, and I started to cough a tad. "Relax sis." Yuta says behind me. He sat beside me, and slightly relaxed when he did so. "So, how was tonight?" He said, glancing over at me. "Good... Aunt Rio finally complimented me for once... and to be honest." I paused, before looking down at my lap.

"I'm kinda glad Miya- I mean... Mom.. didn't show up." I loosened my obi belt as I exhaled heavily, now being able to breathe again. Yuta chuckled. "If she did show up, I'd probably throw her out." He said, inhaling his Cigarette, and blowing it to the side, away from my direction. I soon stood up, and made my way to the fence that separated me from my agonising doom below. I took my hand out, and what looked like- i was reaching for the stars.

"Do you ever want to just... stop being an Exorcist... entirely?" Yuta's emerald green orbs looked over at me, and stared in a perplexed manner. "What do you mean?". I smiled brightly, as I leaned on the fencing. "Like... live out your life normally... never go out at night, being forced to exterminate supernaturals... just be... a normal human being again..." Yuta stood up, burning his cancer stick into the bench, and tossing to the side. Before approaching me. He ruffled my hair and settled his head on mine.

"Sometimes..." He said gently. He wrapped his arms around my neck, and gave me a reassuring squeeze. "But without us... There would be no safety in the streets. We don't do it for the money, or the pure pressure we receive from our peers. I do it for you... my future children, and potential nieces and nephews..." He pauses, before continuing to talk.

"I want to protect everyone I love... THAT'S what makes you a true Exorcist. Your love, for your people." I never thought of it like that... i always thought it was some- bit where if we don't utilise our talents, than that would be a waste... But I guess he's right, I nodded. And he smiled down at me. We sat there for a moment, enjoying the stars as I felt sleepy. Oh yeah... I can't wait to tell Tsukasa about my weekend... I miss him...

"I'm tired..." I murmured. Yuta sighs, before summoning a bloodhound- One of his familiars, and orders it to pick up my Zori shoes, and follow him. It obeyed and did as Yuta said. And just like that- I dropped Yashiro back home, and I went back to my house and took a good, and well-earned rest.