seven

Princess "Sy" Jones

Princess "Sy" Jones

...

"I know you think being in the streets mean you a bad person, but that ain't true." Semaj spoke.

"I'm only hard on you cause you my little brother. You gotta carry my legacy when i'm gone."

Kilyier frowned at just the thought of being in a world without his brother. Yeah he was dick at times but that was the way of life.

"That won't be till long time... right?" He asked.

Semaj chuckled, wrapping his arm around his shoulder to pull him closer. "Yeah kid."

They both walked into the deli to get their regular, barbecue wings, fries and lemonade. It was Semaj's favorite that he copied.

"Wassup Bert, lemme get the usual."

"Of course. Oh, there's the birthday boy! You enjoying your day so far?" Bert gave him a handshake.

"Yeah." Kilyier smiled as his brother reached into his pocket to pull out a twenty.

"Don't be stupid, it's on me." Bert assured.

"You sure... it ain't a issue."

"I'm sure."

Five minutes later Bert was cooking up the wings... that's when the store bell caught the attention of them.

Semaj saw someone he wished he didn't.

DeDe Williams. He was apart of the deadliest gang in their town, The Miseria's.... their name literally meant misery. Because that's what they caused.

Semaj stood in front of his brother— time moving in slow motion for him. He saw DeDe pull a gun out of his pocket and point it at his head.

Boom!

...

Kilyier's room was so dark. Everything was black; his bed, his sheets even the fucking wall black. It fitted him well.

Finally he walked into his room, shutting the door after himself.

None of us thought to speak first so we just stared at each other for a weirdly long amount of time. So long I got to study his face.