eight

Princess "Sy" Jones

Princess "Sy" Jones

...

"And did you see anyone enter or exit the store when you arrived?" An officer asked me for the thousandth time.

"She already said no, damn." Kilyier answered for me, obviously aggravated because instead of doing his job he was questioning us again.

They put a black bag over Berts body and zipped it up. That's when it officially hit me that he was dead.

No more wings, no more of his funny jokes, no more free birthday cakes. Nothing...

"You ready to go?" He asked me but I was too dozed out to hear. "Princess? Princess!"

"Yeah, what? I—i'm ready to go." I stumbled before walking to his SRT, going inside the passenger's seat.

He came into the car shortly after, shooting me one pity glance then starting up his car. The car ride was silent per usual but this time music couldn't break the tension.

I was overwhelmed with trauma and sadness, all I wanted to do was cry myself to sleep honestly.

Sooner than expected we arrived to his apartment. I got out of the car, unlocking my car with my keys.

"Wait, Princess."

I turned around to face him. "Yeah?"

"You gon be straight?" Kilyier wondered. His question sounded genuine, like he actually cared about my feelings.

I nodded my head even though it was a lie. I was far from straight.

"Text my phone if you not and shit." He walked away.

I blushed awkwardly, entering my car which was freezing cold because of the AC I recently turned on. I reached back to grab a jacket.

Deja Vu filling my mind when I saw the jacket Bert gave me a couple years ago.

Flashback

________

Five years ago

Church was a every Sunday event for the Jones, they put on their outfits, praised the lord and had a fun time.

Princess loved church unlike most kid... and soon she figured out why most didn't.

It was the same week that she hit puberty, she couldn't fit into her old church dress due to her new curves.