ten

Princess "Sy" Jones

Princess "Sy" Jones

...

"It— I wasn't." I stammered embarrassedly, not knowing what to say without sounding crazy. He just tilted his head at me.

"I wasn't snooping, I just saw it and thought..." I trailed off. "Here, i'm sorry i'll just leav—

"Nah. It's yours anyway." He put it back in my hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows confusedly. "Mine?"

"I was supposed to bring it to you for your eighteen birthday, but your mom told me to leave and never come back."

I couldn't believe this, the whole time I thought he stopped caring but turned out my mom was behind the downfall of our friendship.

"I'm sorry that happened. If it makes you feel better I really wanted you there." I told.

"Forreal?" He smiled slightly.

"Yeah." I nodded.

That smile warmed my heart every time I saw it, and I didn't see it frequently so it felt nice. We eventually went back to him room to lay back down.

I stared at the popcorn ceiling of his room. The distance between us made it unbearable to sleep, for some reason I wanted to be closer.

And obviously the feeling was mutual because he pulled my body closer to him, snaking his hand around my waist.

I looked down at his hand that had a skull tattooed on it, the most fuck boyish tattoo around.

I was starting to wonder what the rest of his tattoos were so I looked around his body as he slept. That's when I saw a tiara next to a bible verse; John 15:12: My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

It couldn't be for me, I was being narcissist. I eventually closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

...

After I left Kilyier's house in the morning I made it my mission to confront my mom about telling him to leave.

I walked into my house where she was sitting in the living room watching TV.

I stood in front of it, crossing my arms angrily. "You were the reason Kilyier ghosted me!"

"Princess, please don't tell me you're still on about that dominican boy." She sighed. "I told you he was bad news."