thirty

Princess "Sy" Jones

Princess "Sy" Jones

...

The streets of New York were flooded with african americans, whites and every other race that came to mind. Race didn't matter for us... we all wanted Loca out of our streets.

"Have you been to one of these before?" I asked my sister who was grabbing a microphone from a lady.

"Yes, just follow my lead okay?" Maya instructed before turning it on. "Tonight we're here to bring justice for Johnson. I say, loca doesn't heal it kills!"

"Loca doesn't heal it kills!"

Hearing everyone's voice coming together at once brought my tears to my eyes. This was for you Johnson.

Peaceful protests were only peaceful till the police showed up— as soon as those pigs came the peace broke

They stood ahead of us with shields protecting their faces. "We're only asking once... go home!"

It was gonna take more than that to move us and they knew it. Traffic was jammed because us. Some cars even pulled over to join us.

But the others were heated and beeped their horns.

"You're supposed to be out here with us! That drugs is killing our babies!" A older woman screamed in a black officer's face.

"Ma'am i'm asking you kindly to back up." He responded calmly.

His partner was the complete different, he grabbed her weak arms and threw her back. "Back the
hell up—

The lady's daughter swung on the officer causing a whole riot to break out. People were getting arrested left to right. Of course mostly black.

"Maya? Maya?" I looked around frantically. She was no longer beside me instead she was in handcuffs.

I don't play about my sister at all so I ran my skinny ass across the streets like a track star.

"Let her out what the fuck?" I got held back.

"Ma'am, we got word she started this riot—

"Riot? Are you fucking stupid? Get her out these handcuffs before I show you what a riot really looks like." I threatened.

He just stared at me blankly, tightening them just do piss me off and it worked. Maya mouthed for me to go as they dragged her to a car.