23: [tey-kuh n] Part Two

As soon as the bindings are loose, Carmine kicks his left arm, spilling the vial's contents all over the bedsheets. Then she delivers a powerful blow to Chris' shocked face, breaking his nose.

Clutching his profusely bleeding nose, Chris screams. "You bitch!"

Damn. I was hoping that kick would at least knock him out cold, Carmine thinks.

Chris wipes the blood off with his arm and stays back, afraid to approach. "Damn, I thought you were afraid of garlic! You passed out after seeing that string of garlic at the bar didn't you?" He reaches for what's left of the holy water and quickly snags the bottle off the bed before Carmine can knock it across the room.

Carmine's body shakes with muted laughter. He actually thought I went unconscious because of garlic, and not because he spiked my drink? How dumb is this guy, really? The delicious aroma of his hot blood pumping forth from his nostrils titillates Carmine's senses. She feels blood flow returning to her feet and starts stretching out her legs.

The beast inside her is stirring.

Her calf muscles start bulging and becoming more sinewy. Purple veins line her thighs. Carmine quickly inches forward on the bed until she is in a kneeling position. Then she starts shaking the headboard with all her might.

Thunderous clanging fills the room as her arms begin to regain their herculean strength. After two or three damaging rattles, the headboard breaks free from the rest of the bed frame, causing the front end of the bed to sag.

Chris's mouth practically drops to the floor.

He wants vampire action, he'll get vampire action.

Carmine quickly tears the metal rod from the rest of the frame and slides the second cable tie off. Rolling off the side of the bed, she glides towards Chris and has her tied up wrists choking up against his neck within seconds.

Gagging with his tongue slammed against the bottom of his mouth, Chris's face quickly turns a deep burgundy. Hands wobbling unsteadily, Chris lifts the half empty vial of holy water and with a grunt, splashes it across Carmine's exposed arm.

Carmine winces automatically, stumbling back and letting go of her victim. She starts screeching; the unnatural pitch foreign, even to her own ears. But after a few seconds, she stops, examining the patch of wet skin on her forearm. A few droplets cling to the fine hairs on her arm, the rest slid off a while ago.

It's just plain water. The fool bought tap water masquerading as holy water. Realizing this, Carmine lets out a throaty laugh. "It's just tap water," she explains to her bewildered target.

Chris is speechless; his neck still bruised from when Carmine strangled him. He makes a dive for the rosary - his last ditch effort to save himself. "Stand back. This is pure silver."

"You really think that's pure silver? After you bought a fake jar of 'holy water' from the same place?" Carmen scoffs, taking a bold step towards him.

Chris grips the cross between his fingers, waving it back and forth in front of him. "St-Stay back. D-Do you really want to take that chance?"

He's right. If it does turn out to be real silver, she could die upon contact. But she also would rather die than let this disgusting snake get away.

"I'll take my chances," Carmine says, taking another slow step towards her prey. "I'm too hungry to pass you up."

Chris keeps taking small steps backwards until he bumps into the door. Still holding the cross in one hand, he twists open the door knob. "Help! Help me! Some-"