37: [Ny-laz/Help]

Carmine stumbles through the front doors and into the Millennium Commodore Hotel. Her body is aching all over and her head is pounding. But she smiles to herself, knowing she didn't succumb to her animal urges. Sebastian is safe. It's a small win but a triumph nevertheless. The first step of many that she must take on her road to recovery. She needs to atone for her sins now. She's not a murderer at heart. She needs to prove to herself that she's not a monster. 

Carmine makes her way toward the staff changing room, suddenly conscious of her body odour. Unlocking her locker, she takes out her clean uniform and quickly changes into it. Then, she sits on the bench and waits. 

After almost ten minutes, Nyla walks through the doors and Carmine instantly perks up. She says, "Nyla, can we talk?"

Nyla opens up her locker and removes a large round brush. "Hmm? What's up?" She runs the brush over and over her luxurious black hair, combing it into a fine sheen. "What is it Carmine?"

"Can we talk...in private?"

"This IS private. No one else is here," Nyla says, gesturing to the empty locker room.

Carmine bites her lips and then walks over and bolts the locker room door. "I need your help."

"I'm not sure if I can trade shifts with you again Carm, I don't like day shifts too much and try to avoid them as much as I can." Nyla puts down her brush and starts taking off her top. 

"It's not about trading shifts," Carmine continues, approaching Nyla's half-naked figure. "It's about Liam."

Nyla slips on the black hotel uniform and arches her eyebrows. "Oh? The Millie's new boss? Everyone's new crush?"

"I need to make him disappear," Carmine states bluntly, clenching her hands into fists. Her knees tremble slightly. "I know you can help me." It's a huge risk, approaching Nyla like this. Carmine feels fear quivering through her spine. This could completely backfire on her. 

"Oh? How's that? What can I do?"

"Nyla. I saw you. Two nights ago. Hillcrest and Westmont."

Nyla starts laughing, baring her pearly white teeth. "Did you now? Why didn't you come over and say 'hi'?" Nyla asks, a coy smirk tugging at her lips. 

"Because you were too busy ripping that man's throat out," Carmine states, trying to keep her emotions in check. She needs to sound indifferent. Confident. And not at all repulsed by Nyla's murderous ways. She needs Nyla to trust and respect her. Enough to be her partner in crime. Besides, she's no better than Nyla. Both of them are blood-sucking killers.

"If you had asked, I would've shared him with you," Nyla snickers, fixing a small pair of dangling crosses into her earlobes. "I saw you hiding in the bushes."

Carmine clenches her teeth. She knows. She saw me there. "Okay, so let's just lay it all out in the open. You're a vampire, I'm a half-blood vampire. We're on the same side. I need your help now, vamp to vamp."

Nyla swerves around until she's face to face with Carmine. "I wouldn't exactly say we're on the same side. I need to hunt to survive," Nyla says in a musical voice, "You...You have the luxury of choice. That makes a huge difference. Oh what I wouldn't give to have the option of having a salad for dinner." Nyla throws her head back, a spine-tingling giggle escaping her lips. "I'm just kidding. I love killing humans. The pathetic things."

Carmine's keeps her mouth shut, unsure of what to say next. She was the one who approached Nyla and brought up the subject. Now what?

Nyla continues, "So you want me to eat Liam for dinner tonight?"