Seducing Matt

Vanessa

"Addie, that's cheating!" Alex Banks called out.

"No, it's not!" She yelled, gesturing at the glass bottle that had landed on her after Matt's spin. "As you can see, it's clearly pointing at...no one." The tip of the container faced in the direction of the gaping hole between my best friend and Jeff.

I can't disagree with that. But that wasn't saying much. I would side with whichever argument meant her keeping her tongue out of Matt's mouth. Even if a glowing, neon orange arrow hovered above her head, pointing her out as the chosen one, I would still feign ignorance. Nope. Don't see it. Don't know what you're talking about.

Alex scoffed loudly. "Yea, only because you scooted over," he shot back, his face growing red.

Matt cleared his throat. "The man's correct, Addie," he piped up. "But thanks for your outraged protests. I've never felt more wanted than I do in this very moment. Your obvious avoidance to kissing me is doing wonders for my self-esteem."

And his clear desire to lock lips with her is doing wonders for my heart, I thought, staring solemnly down at the grass as I plucked out a dewy blade.

Addison threw up her hands. "Fine! If everyone wants us to kiss so badly then let's kiss."

He paused momentarily; an expression of disgust apparent on his face as his gaze dropped down to her red lips. "Do you think you can wipe off your make-up first? I'm not exactly going for the clown look here."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Beggers can't be choosers, Matthew," she ground out through clenched teeth. "Either take it or leave it."

"Well now you're just making yourself look plain unattractive with that bad attitude," he grinned, pressing his palm against his chest. "But I suppose, I'll take one for the team. You owe me, guys," he said, looking around the circle.

Leaning in towards her, he puckered his mouth. As he was about to make contact with her lips, she swiveled her head at the last second and the kiss fell flat on her cheek. "Hey!" He exclaimed. "You scammed me."

She gave him a satisfied smirk, folding her arms across her chest. "If you can do that to Jake, then I can do that to you."

He shook his head as he pointed a finger at her. "You are a vile woman. But don't forget, you're still obligated to accompany me into the woods. Don't think you can wiggle yourself out of that one."

"The only time I would ever willingly set foot in a dark forest with you is to murder you in cold blood," she muttered beneath her breath.

Laughing, he pressed his palm to the small of her back and guided her to their destination.

My stomach clenched as I watched them disappear into the tree line together. Even though I trusted my friend not to betray me, it wouldn't make a lick of difference in the outcome. She could hurl all the rejections she wanted at him, but it would do nothing to cool his desire for her.

Matt

Despite dressing as though she were a fucking disco ball, Addison was a stunning girl. She had the physique of a runway model and the high cheekbones to match. Her glossy hair cascaded down her back in silky waves of licorice and her eyes, the color of shining emeralds.

But it was her personality that attracted me most. She was fiery and didn't roll over just because someone commanded her to. I enjoyed goading her, curious as to how far I could push her limits before she backed down. But so far, she never did. And who didn't love a challenge?