I'm So Wet

Vanessa

My heart lodged into my throat the moment I stepped out into the school parking lot. Fuck.

I looked frantically around at the near empty asphalt, realizing that I was beyond screwed. "Shit," I muttered beneath my breath. I was completely stranded. Jake was always my ride home, but he had bailed on classes early after abruptly coming down with the stomach bug.

Pulling out my cell phone, I punched in my mom's number, figuring that I could convince her to come get me. She would be pissed at both me and my brother for inconveniencing her, but she would do it. 

"Come on," I urged at the third ring. I raised my gaze towards the sky, frowning at the ominous grey clouds that blanketed themselves over the sun. Just my luck that I would have to walk home in the rain.

After no answer, I sighed as I slid my phone back into my jeans pocket. I was ready to give up all hope when a tap on my shoulder caused me to jump. Shrieking, I dropped my textbooks, scattering them across the pavement.

"Sorry," Matt apologized breathlessly, stooping to help me pick up my load. "I didn't mean to frighten you. I've been looking everywhere for you though."

You have? Did my seduction tactic work and now he's tracking me down to get busy in the backseat of his car?

I cleared my throat, my heart once again lodged in there and making a comfortable nest. "Ff...For What?" I asked shakily.

He tossed his car keys in the air before catching them again. "Jake requested that I give you a ride home. He didn't want to leave his baby sis stranded."

It would have been nice if he told me that. "I'm only younger by ten minutes," I said, jutting my chin out.

He laughed. "Aw, let him have this one, V. He loves playing the role of protective older brother."

I scoffed. "He certainly wasn't about that status when were twelve years old and went to Cape Cod for summer break. Mom asked us to look after one another while we collected shells on the beach and Jakey boy ran off the moment a group of kids his age came along. I cut my foot on a jagged sand dollar, and he was nowhere to be found." 

"Unforgivable!" Matt shouted, opening his car door. "What do you suggest as punishment? The guillotine?"

Giggling, I slid into the passenger side seat. "Well...perhaps that's a bit dramatic."

He nodded. "Maybe just a light spanking then." I arched a brow at his words, and his face turned scarlet all the way up towards his scalp. "I mean...scolding." 

Clearing his throat, he put the Jetta into drive. "Are you ready to get the hell out of this place?" He flashed a heart-stopping grin at me as he slipped his Ray-Bans on.

I gave him the thumbs-up and then immediately cringed. 

"Next stop, your house," he said, rolling down the window. Despite the darkening sky, he let his hand flit the breeze as he drove. The wind mussed up his carefully styled hair, sending loose strands flying wildly around his head but he paid it no matter.

"Do you like music?" He inquired, glancing over at me.

"Do I like to eat, sleep, and breathe?" I retorted.

Blinking, he stared at me, a blank expression on his face.

I coughed. "Sorry. Yes."

He pressed a button on the dashboard and a Maroon 5 song blared throughout the car. He began belting out the tune off-key and I watched in amusement before deciding to join in. I laughed as we stumbled over the words. "Did you just say monkey," I said through wheezing giggles.