Blowjob Bomb Wrapped In An Enticing Package

Vanessa

"Go away."

I palmed my tear-stained cheeks, my hair falling loose from the barrette as he loomed over me. I turned away so that my back was facing towards him. I would hate to give him the satisfaction of seeing how devastated I am right now.

"Is that any kind of way to treat your brother?" Jake asked, his voice dripping with honey. The chains on the outdoor swing jingled upon him plopping down beside me and slinging one arm over my shoulder. "Didn't you just file a complaint earlier this evening about me not wanting to hang out with you?"

"That was before I realized how evil you are," I seethed through clenched teeth, shrugging his touch away.

Chuckling, he held his hands up. "I think you're taking my need for punctuality to heart. But if there was something you were dying to discuss with me then please, go ahead." He gestured at me. "I'm all ears now."

I scoffed as I slumped down on the wooden bench and folded my arms over my chest. "It's not important anymore," I mumbled. 

He shrugged. "Suit yourself." He lifted his head towards the sky, his calculating gaze scanning the stars that twinkled like diamonds against a navy, velvet backdrop. "I take it by your sulking that you're ready to leave? You can catch a ride with me if you'd like. My best friend appears to have ditched me for a girl, so it seems I've been left solo. And you know I'm not one for mingling..."

An image of Matt and Aimee locking lips as he threaded his fingers through her fiery red tresses flashed through my mind as though it were a jolt of lightning. Crash. There goes my heart shattering into a thousand pieces. "How kind of you to offer your sister transportation to the place you happen to be going anyways. I really ought to nominate you for brother of the year."

Studying me, a frown tugged at his lips. "Why are you so pissy with me? Is it that time of the month?"

"Knock it off, Jake," I bit out, jumping from the swing. "Let's just go home."

"Okay," he replied, a little too much pep in his voice. He stood up, brushing off his khakis. "Do you want me to make my famous hot chocolate for you when we get home? I can put some extra marshmallows in it, and we can stay up all night binge-watching those cheesy Christmas movies that you're such a fan of."

Shoving my frozen hands into the pockets of my puffer jacket, I eyed my brother. "Why are you suddenly being so nice to me? You've been a complete jerk for the past few months."

He jingled his car keys in his fingers as he navigated the icy pavement towards his vehicle. "Because," he whispered softly. "You're all I have."

Guilt suddenly gripped my chest and I almost felt bad for painting my twin as a villain who had been placed on this Earth with the sole mission of destroying my life. That is...until he continued speaking and I realized my brother had a talent for wrapping up a bomb in the prettiest of paper and ribbons, convincing the recipient that his offering was genuine.

"Yea," he added on a sigh. "These days Matt has been abandoning me for Aimee. He likes her a lot and you know how that tends to go with friendships...the friend gets replaced with the girlfriend or boyfriend. So now, he's been spending loads of time with her instead."

I stopped in my tracks, the blood coursing through my veins as frozen as the patch of ice glinting off the curb. The same slick surface I nearly slipped on because of how caught off guard I was by Jake's explosive admission.

No, it can't be true. Matt's dating Aimee? Have I been the side piece the entire time that we were...impossible. Was it though? Is that why he didn't want to commit and wanted our situation to remain a secret?

That asshole!

My body began trembling as my misery morphed into shock and then pure rage. I felt used and lied to. I was ready to march back into Sydney's house, pry Matt off Aimee, and cuss him out with every hateful name found in the dictionary. Aimee deserved to know what kind of a person he truly was. He deserved to know that too.

Swiveling on my heels, I stormed up the sidewalk. But I abruptly halted when my fog of fury suddenly disintegrated, and I could think clearly. Consider the source, V. How do you know Jake's not lying to you?

I glanced over my shoulder, eyeing my brother. "You're making this up," I said firmly. I prayed to be right, but I had witnessed the two of them kissing for myself, and the odds were in his favor. But still, I had to be absolutely certain as to what was really going on before I confronted Matt. I needed to choose my next words carefully so as not to blow everything I had desperately tried to keep hidden for the past several months. "You're just saying that to earn my sympathy, so I'll forgive you for treating me as though I'm garbage."

He shrugged. "If what I'm telling you isn't the truth," he began nonchalantly. "Then that means Matt has been dishonest with me which really opens up the door for a serious conversation with him." He sighed. "But I don't think that's the case as I saw them making out a little while back right before they disappeared into the woods together. When he returned, he had the biggest grin on his face and confessed that she gave him a blowjob. The evidence is just too strong to indicate anything otherwise."

My legs nearly gave out, all air escaping from my lungs. I had to take deep breaths to keep myself from hyperventilating. When I could finally find my voice, I asked shakily, "When did that happen?"

Please don't let the timelines match up, I pleaded.

"I don't know. Ask Matt if you're so curious. But if I had to guess, probably around the month that you started being a secretive, cranky bitch towards me."

My fingers clawed at the base of my throat as I gasped for air. Jake had made his point. He wanted me to know that Matt had been playing me this whole time. And not out of concern for my well-being. If my vision hadn't been spotty from rage, I might have actually applauded my brother. He had managed to out his best friend's secret and break my heart while simultaneously maintaining his appearance of innocence in the matter.

I'm just the abandoned friend venting to my sister about the neglect I've endured, he would insist. Poor me. Even my sister has been ignoring me. I'm the victim here.

But he wasn't. He was just a genius who had orchestrated his smarts to get exactly what he wanted without ever having to get his hands dirty.

He gave me a long look, his expression devoid of care or any real human emotion. "It's frigid out here," he piped up on an exhale, his breath leaving his lips in a white puff. "Can we get going?"

Every ounce of me hummed with the urge to grab the rock that I had kicked with the tip of my heel and crack him over the skull with it. But life in prison aside, I couldn't. Because even though in that very moment I despised my brother with a hatred that radiated down to my toes, I also loved him immensely.

So, I blindly followed him down the sidewalk with hot tears streaming down my cheeks. Silence settled in around us as I studied the back of his head. I would have sacrificed anything for your happiness, Jake. Why couldn't you have done the same for me?

Suddenly he stopped walking, and I took a step back, wondering if he had just read my mind. "Oh!" He exclaimed, snapping his fingers. He turned to face me. "I almost completely forgot. Kurt Whitman from science club asked if I thought that you would be interested in going out on a date with him."

He pasted a smile on his mouth. "At first, I was tempted to play the protective brother role and not tell you, but how selfish would that make me if I kept you from a potentially amazing relationship?" 

He elbowed me in the ribs, his sickeningly sweet grin holding firm. "Am I right? You know that your happiness is number one to me and it would be terribly wrong for me to gatekeep the guy of your dreams from you. What do you say, sis? Are you up for it?"

I grit my teeth as I glared at him, the metaphorical peace offering he presented me with wrapped in a shiny bright paper. But I had finally wised up and learned that he wasn't giving me a gift. No, I would pay with whatever contents lay tucked inside the alluring packaging. 

But Jake wasn't the bad guy. I just wanted to treat my dear sister to something nice. She earned it.