32. yeehaw baby

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

32. yeehaw baby
real life
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SOON AFTER EVERYONE WAS BACK IN MICHIGAN, IT WAS TIME FOR JACK AND CAMRYN TO FLY TO NASHVILLE. This year, Jack was invited to the NHL awards. After a little back and forth, Camryn decided to join him and his family. This was the first time they would be at an event together since they started dating.

Camryn was anxious, to say the least.

The few days in Nashville leading up to the event were spent making sure her dress fit properly. Making sure she matched with Jack, and ensuring her hair and makeup had been practiced before the day of the awards.

Jack tried his hardest to ease her nerves, trying to make sure she wouldn't have a full blown anxiety attack prior to the event. Jack knew everything would be fine. He was overly confident with how the press before the event would turn out.

Jack had his suit hanging in the closet, alongside Camryn's dress. It was a few hours before they had to be at the event, giving both parties some time to relax before they had to get ready.

Camryn was laying in the hotel bed, her hair wrapped in a towel. Jack had gone out to meet with Nico, they were getting lunch. Camryn was scrolling through Tik-Tok on her phone before her phone vibrated with an incoming group facetime with Ashlyn and Hayden.

"Cammy! Oh my gosh." Ashlyn squealed into the speaker.

"Hi, Ashlyn. I'm nervous, do I look nervous?" Camryn rambled, posing in the camera frame.

"You look fine," Hayden spoke, laughing. "Luke keeps telling me that Ellen made him try on his suit every night before this to make sure it looks okay,"

"Yikes, must suck for Lukey. Jack has been perfectly fine, I think he just wants to get today over with. All he can talk about is that damn Morgan Wallen concert." Camryn spoke, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, Trevor is way too excited for this damn country music concert too." Ashlyn held up a thumbs down. "Rhoadsy, were you able to get the tickets to fly down?"

"Yup, I fly in tomorrow, we didn't change our outfits right. We stuck with what we sent the other day?" Hayden asked.

"I didn't change mine," Camryn replied, sitting up further in the bed.

"Me neither, I can't believe Trevor bought me cowgirl boots just for this. He said none of my shoes fit the vibe." Ashlyn laughed, shaking her head.

"Damn, Jack said the same thing. Sorry, I don't like to dress in bootcut jeans or whatever," Camryn agreed with Ashlyn.

The sound of a key card opening the hotel room caught Camryn's attention. Jack walked in with two Starbucks drinks in his hand.

"Gotta go guys, Jack just came back with Starbucks!" Camryn smiled into the phone camera before hanging up from the facetime. "You're too kind."

"Who were you on the phone with?" Jack asked, curiously.

He set down the drinks on the bedside table before launching himself in the bed next to Camryn.

"Hayden and Ashlyn, Hayden was able to get her flight for tomorrow, so she will be able to come to the concert." Camryn answered, taking a sip from the drink.

"That's good, Lukey was probably happy about that." Jack replied, pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"You need a haircut, Jack. This shit is getting so long," Camryn joked, lightly pulling at a strand of Jack's hair.

"I got you coffee, be nice to me."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

CAMRYN WALKED NEXT TO ELLEN, STANDING BESIDE SOME OF THE REPORTERS THAT WERE INTERVIEWING JACK. Camryn hadn't spoke to him much since the event started, not having the ability to actually have a conversation with him.

"So Jack, how are you feeling today?" The reporter asked, smiling at Jack.

"Well, yanno, it's great to be here, uh. Especially having my family here as well, it's great, I'm feeling great." Jack awkwardly answered.

Camryn stifled a laugh. There were many things Jack was good at, public speaking was not one of them. He was always awkward and it was his least favorite thing that came with being an NHL player. Jack would always complain to Camryn about how awkward it was.

"Yeah! You were able to bring your entire family here, what is that like?" The reporter asked.

"Having my parents here is amazing, um. They really helped Quinn, Luke, and I with being great at the sport, uh. Yeah, it's great to have them here with me."

"We also noticed you brought a lady here with you, can you talk about that?"

Jack's face flushed a light tint of pink, Camryn widening her eyes. Camryn physically face palmed, cringing at the question.

"Yeah, that's my girlfriend. She's helped me a lot throughout these few years, as a friend. She's a very helpful, um, person to have around." Jack answered, running a hand through his hair.

"Alright, well you have a great night Jack!" The reporter dismissed him, Jack walking over to his family.

They were all getting ushered into the Bridgestone Arena, Jack and Camryn walking hand-in-hand to their seats.

"That was awful to listen to. We need to work on your public speaking." Camryn spoke quietly.

"I mean what kind of question is that? You got a lady with you, yeah yeah great." Jack replied, letting out a small laugh.

"Just some trophy girlfriend mooching off your fame, that's all." Camryn joked, shrugging her shoulders.

"Gosh, you could've told me that sooner." Jack sarcastically answered.

The entire group sat in their seats, waiting for the event to start. Jack intertwined his hand with Camryn's, resting it on her knee. Her leg had been bouncing since they sat down.

"It's fine, you're fine. We are almost done." Jack leaned over to whisper in her ear, trying to help calm her down. "Once this is done, we can party in Nashville." Jack smiled at her.

"YeeHaw baby," Camryn gave him a smile, squeezing his hand.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

hi everyone ! cool about it is back, college has finally calmed down with everything and I'm feeling less stressed.

-ROSIE POSIE