Chpater 21

Josh

I sneak around the outside of Mara's house with Kian, Rona and Jake beside me. We are all in black and have masks to hide our faces. This house has grown on me the last couple months the colonial is very modern but old at the same time.

My father would have a heart attack if he was caught in it. Mara is finally being all alone thanks to Jake being a super hacker and saw my ex best friend Ryan leave and no one show up to watch over the woman who claims that she is so strong.

Yeah I saw everything and anything from when she sees me or my friends the shiver that runs down her spine twisting her up and making the fear more pronounced. The many times I've followed her and her little group of devoted friends. A making a the most deadliest mistake her father ever made was crossing me.

Little did his precious family know he actually gave a shit but one too many time's falling short of killing his target, my father let it slide but now that he didn't kill Kian's uncle when he had a open shot to will be the death to his one and only daughter. Her father wronged all of our families even Declan's and he didn't even know that our fathers are part of one of the biggest secret societies in the nation.

Many call us kings or the elite or even airs and spares but only a few know that we are actually called reges doloris, latin for kings of pain which we handle all the crime and make sure everything runs fine just under the government's noises.

Though we haven't had much to do since the current president of our society happens to also be my great uncle who happens to be the current president of the United States. Its why messing with Mara is so fun because of her father is the reason why I got kicked out of Stanford. He found out about the bitch that raped me was screaming that I raped her when that was wrong, I had been the one rapped by her.

I have a theory that it was set up by him because he was mad about my father not allowing him to retire which means us, kids got it taken out on us for, as soon as the trial ended with many more false allegations from many of my female teachers I didn't have or know, I was expelled from there. So I decided to take it out on the one thing he holds near and dear to his heart, sweet precious Mara. His kids think he is scum because of what he does to provide for them, even though his beautiful wife never knew where the money came from.

Marina was a wonderful woman that didn't deserve to be with a man like Baron he works for the assassins association that very few know of its been around for centuries. We make sure we own every assassin body and soul, he wanted to retire for Marina but my father put a stop to it when she was pregnant with Mara.

I found out about this on one of my father's many rants after being kicked out of Stanford. Sometimes I wonder if we would have worked out if things were different between is and we actually had a chance to grow up together with the family's always doing something together but Baron kept Marina, Dean, Jensen, Jared, Sam, Ryan and Mara away from it all.

Many of the past assassins were married to the silver princess's of the elite's families for an alliance most knowing each other from birth and there was always a plan to make sure they ended up together. I unfortunately didn't know that the woman my father intended me to be with was now a sworn enemy let alone the divorce that he had no knowledge of.

Her mothers father was a part of this group and was betrothed to Baron before she even knew who he was, but her father kept her mother and Marina away to give her some sense of normalcy until she was forced into this life. A whole family a betrayers and with my father's paranoia lately that the family is going to rebel against him and expose centuries of secrets.

Marina's family was one of the original founders as well as mine. My father wanted them destroyed before learning Marina passed away he was planning an attack on the family. Baron never shut up about har Moira, also know as Mara, how she was perfect and he always wanted a daughter and that day he put in to retire and threatened my father because he already had her betrothed to me.